PDA

View Full Version : Monarch engineering apprenticeship assessment

Sahill1994
19th Feb 2013, 13:29
Afternoon everyone, I've recently applied for the Monarch engineering apprenticeship scheme in Luton and now I've got an assessment with them . I've been told that part of the assessment will be done on the workshop but what else can I expect in the assessment and how should I prepare for assessment? I'm 18 years old and in my last year in college doing a BTEC level 3 extended diploma in aerospace engineering, would that help enhance my application in any way? I will be very grateful if anyone could help me.

The90sAME
20th Feb 2013, 19:31
You're college qualification wont give you an advantage over someone who hasn't.
It stands out, but they're mainly looking for someone who can be moulded into a good engineer.
However, it will help you personally, knowing the system and how a/c maintenance works will help you heaps when you get into an airline.

It sucks, I know, I have that qualification, and I felt like I wasted 2 years, but it does help when you get into an airline, it'll also help you get through the assessments. (You've done a slightly higher level of Math, been studying mechanical units, and been writing essays)

Back to the initial question,

I had an assessment with Monarch in 2011, The day included a quick presentation, then followed by Maths, English & Mechanical reasoning tests. After a quick 30 min break, we had 45 minutes doing a practical assessment, the day was over at about 3pm.

If you want to shoot me any questions, inbox me, I was in your situation myself before starting with another airline in early 2012.

Its a great career to be in, but its pretty damn hard to get into it.

Sahill1994
28th Feb 2013, 14:35
Thanks for the reply The90sAME i really appreciate the response and the help. i also wanted to ask how I can prepare for the practical assessment and what they will be looking for when I do it and what I should be revising through for the maths part of it?
I would really appreciate your response.

sleepyprojectionist
5th Mar 2013, 19:37
I am also attending the assessment in Luton.

I have a slightly different tale in so far as I received my BTEC National Diploma in Engineering all the way back in 2002. Since then I had a terrible time studying Aeronautical Engineering at university. I then ended up working in customer relations, events management and finally as a cinema equipment technician.

I desperately want to get back into the world of aviation, but am slightly concerned that I may be a tad rusty.

Any advice on what to expect from the assessment would be accepted gratefully.

I just hope that I can impress the assessors and that they don't think that I am too long in the tooth.