PDA

View Full Version : Objection Mods

Brian Abraham
19th Feb 2013, 08:28
I posted a new thread earlier today explaining than it was not I who sent a so called abusive PM to martinmax69 with regard to the gay marriage thread. The Mods seem to have seen fit to delete that thread I initiated by way of explanation. I refuse to have my good name subject to suspicion of any underhand dealings with the community here. In fact the person posting the so called insulting PM has provided me with a copy and you will have to take my word for it that his PM was completely innocuous. martinmax69 in fact deserves a good slap in my estimation for bringing a fellow poster into disrepute with the Mods.

Since my previous explanation thread had such a short life I expect this one will be even shorter. Perhaps I should run to Mummy complaining.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 08:45
Brian, having again looked through the Gay Marriage thread and also seen all of the reported posts and reported private messages, I cannot see where anybody has accused you (publicly or privately) of being the person who sent an abusive PM to martinmax69.

Therefore, I see no reason why a thread claiming that it wasn't you that sent it is necessary. If you can show me where you were the person accused of sending said PM, then it might be possible to leave such a disclaimer thread in place maybe? However, are we supposed to let anyone start threads disclaiming things that they haven't been accused of. Stone me, we'd have another 10 pages per day in here! ;)

As far as martinmax69 in fact deserves a good slap in my estimation for bringing a fellow poster into disrepute with the Mods is concerned, the reported PM was treated as it needed to be. Enough said.

stuckgear
19th Feb 2013, 08:49
Wholigan,

I'd like to state for the record and publicly that it wasn't me that assassinated JFK from the grassy knoll. Not that i have been accused as such by some posters, but I would to be clear that it wasn't me.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 08:50
. :)

Brian Abraham
19th Feb 2013, 08:53
Wholigan,

Much obliged for the prompt reply. I felt it necessary to make the "Not me Guv" post because the way the thread ended up running I felt that I may be under suspicion. Certainly no one has accused me either publicly or privately, but I was under the impression that you don't have access to private messages.

Takan Inchovit
19th Feb 2013, 09:33
Oh Dear, now I feel that after reading stuckgears statement, the field has narrowed down somewhat enough for me to claim I was just a little too young at the time of JFKs demise to be considered a suspect.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 09:33
Brian, we don't have access to private messages, but when somebody reports a private message, they quote that private message in the report.

On receipt of these reports, the "appropriate action" is taken, which naturally would include "no action" if that were deemed to be appropriate! :)

MOSTAFA
19th Feb 2013, 10:45
Sorry Mr Wholigan but,

"Therefore, I see no reason why a thread claiming that it wasn't you that sent it is necessary".

MM69 didn't accuse anybody. Can I suggest and hopefully Mr Abraham will not mind me saying. I also felt accused because by Mm69 implying without naming he was actually accusing everybody that did not take his point on view on sodomy.

It's still in the dictionary, I just checked.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 11:44
Of course what you don't know is that he DID accuse somebody in his report.

pigboat
19th Feb 2013, 12:14
It's still in the dictionary, I just checked.
As is rum and lash. :p

Ancient Observer
19th Feb 2013, 12:18
It wasn't me that shot JFK. I was home with Mum and Dad. However, as they have both passed away, I now have no witnesses, so I do worry when the door bell goes.......

MOSTAFA
19th Feb 2013, 12:33
"Of course what you don't know is that he DID accuse somebody in his report".

Nah I don't have a crystal ball but still felt accused by somebody; so much so I complained to you which you ignored.

Slasher
19th Feb 2013, 12:35
Mostafa its a storm in a teacup - who really gives a
rats about an aggrieved sodomiser? I certainly don't.

BA nobody cares whether you sent a PM to that gay or not.
If you did who cares? If you didn't who cares? Its not like
you're accused of sending an uncomplimentary to anyone
of any significance. Please get over it mate. :\

MOSTAFA
19th Feb 2013, 12:47
You are of course right Slasher.

pvmw
19th Feb 2013, 12:59
.......an aggrieved sodomiser? I certainly don't.

point of information, Mr Chairman. The correct term is "sodomist", there is no such word as far as I'm aware as "sodomiser" (unless living in the USA,in which case there may be a word "Sodomizer")

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 14:52
Nah I don't have a crystal ball but still felt accused by somebody; so much so I complained to you which you ignored.

Now I'm confused Mr Mostafa sir.

I've checked my e-mails, my private messages and the last bunch of posts that you have made and I can't seem to see where you complained to me.

I know I'm getting on a bit so maybe you can help me here. Thanks.

ThreadBaron
19th Feb 2013, 14:58
Go away for a few days and see what happens, Wholi? Ya should be chained to your Mod's desk!

sisemen
19th Feb 2013, 15:07
there is no such word as far as I'm aware as "sodomiser"

Oh yes there is! It's someone from Sodo who is careful with their money.

(and maybe, just maybe, we could take a break from the really insulting and hurtful language being bandied about?)

cavortingcheetah
19th Feb 2013, 15:10
Gwendolen Fairfax in Oscar Wilde's 'The Importance of being Ernest' muses on the Gomorrahist which is perhaps Wilde's clever way of thinking of himself on stage, a sort of self indulgent author's soliloquy perhaps? It's certainly a more sensually exotic word than Sodomist. Those whose biblical knowledge extend beyond the concepts of Adam and Eve and original sin might even find the epithet gomorrahist a Lot saltier. There, I've capitalised the L in order to make the subtlety more obvious but no doubt there will still be many who know not that of which I speak.
Peace unto one and all I say.

The SSK
19th Feb 2013, 15:16
Oooh, I know of which you speak.

I got it learned into me here
Sodom and Gomorrah... Mike Harding (http://monologues.co.uk/Mike_Harding/Sodom_and_Gomorrah.htm)

Keef
19th Feb 2013, 15:25
I went to Sodom a few years ago. Wasn't impressed. Not a Lot to see, really, apart from a pillar of salt.
Not been to Gomorrah. Have I missed anything.

cavortingcheetah
19th Feb 2013, 15:29
It took a little doing, rather like the chicken guts and the toothbrush, but I am well versed in English and after a short struggle with the more common elements of the vernacular was able to understand the ballad with great amusement.
What siseman says makes good sense too for all sorts of reasons not the least of which would be before the unmoderated wrath of the hurlers of fire and brimstone descend upon these gay and merry pages.

11Fan
19th Feb 2013, 15:33
I went to Sodom a few years ago. Wasn't impressed. Not a Lot to see, really, apart from a pillar of salt.

No.

I passed through Sodom and Gomorrah once.

Never looked back.

MOSTAFA
19th Feb 2013, 15:49
I have to apologise to you Mr Wholigan because it appears that my PM to you with reference to Mm69 seems (finger trouble I hope) to have gone amiss. I actually thought you was ignoring me.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 15:51
No worries.

Lonewolf_50
19th Feb 2013, 16:02
Cavorting cheetah, I appreciated your wit and word play. Didn't need to look anything up.

Brian, it disturbs me that someone has attempted to cast aspersions upon your good name. I have found you to be very gentlemanly in all postings and interactions, and cannot believe you'd be nasty to one of our posters.

A few of us here and there get a bit nasty, but I've never seen you show that propensity.

*thus endeth the testimonial, your honor*

11Fan
19th Feb 2013, 16:17
Indeed. Give the man a Harrumph.

vee-tail-1
19th Feb 2013, 17:13
I started the thread in question, so apologies for it's final descent. Perhaps it might have been possible to restore order, by remaining aloof, but I felt the need to defend my position against some pretty stiff opposition.
But no PMs sent to 69 from me ... Not me guv :ooh:

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Feb 2013, 17:39
some pretty stiff opposition.

Probably your worst nightmare :p:p

lomapaseo
19th Feb 2013, 17:50
On receipt of these reports, the "appropriate action" is taken, which naturally would include "no action"

as long as it open house

is that the same as ignore ?

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 19:47
if that were deemed to be appropriate! :)

--- is of course the completion of the quote.

Slasher
19th Feb 2013, 20:10
Why has Goudie's "despaire" thread, about a Ms Frost
leeching off the UK Welfare system, just this moment
been deleted?

Lonewolf_50
19th Feb 2013, 20:34
My guess is that insufficient breastage was made available in the thread. :cool:

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 20:43
Guess what? Deleted by the thread starter.

Bugger, no sodding conspiracy there then! ;)

Slasher
19th Feb 2013, 20:51
Ok thanks. I wasn't directly accusing any Mod, merely inquiring.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 21:16
Yep Slash I know that, just having some fun.;)

owen meaney
19th Feb 2013, 21:20
I found wholigan to be a fair and just moderator:ok:

BenThere
19th Feb 2013, 21:22
Are the mods back on station, wielding the stick? I'd noticed a certain laxity of late, allowing all and sundry to speak their peace, unmolested.

Today, the latest US gun thread was closed. Portent? Should I once again be on my best behavio(u)r?

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 21:31
It's all perception BenThere. The fact that you feel there has been a "certain laxity of late" is not necessarily what others may feel.

Perhaps you have been "on your best behaviour" without realizing it. :E

BenThere
19th Feb 2013, 21:40
Tip o the hat, Wholigan. Yours is an often thankless, but I concede, necessary role.

I like loose moderating, allowing the passionate flames to be flared, but within reason and mutual respect. It's a fine line.

Don't see why all the gun threads have to be closed, though, when no damage has been done. Is it just that they get too boring?

Brian Abraham
19th Feb 2013, 21:43
Wholigan, I've always been full of appreciation for the difficult job you guys and gals do. I wouldn't do it for quids, and that's said in the full knowledge of the bounty that sees its way into your bank account each week. :E This be the first time I've stuck my hand up in class. Please get over it mate.Nothing to get over actually Slash. I just wanted to put it out there that "not me guv", folks do like to ponder "who?". Have never even been bothered with the "Ignore" button - might miss something.

Perhaps Wholigan can retitle the thread "Mod Appreciation Thread". Do they have a Mod medal for "Grace Under Fire"? Anyway, :ok: to all, and especially to those who have the ungrateful task of keeping us all in line. Herding cats would be a far easier task.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 21:47
I have a PhD in cat-herding mate.

I was trained by the best. Ask her, she'll tell ya.

;)

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 21:51
BenThere ----- I also refer you to my "explanation" of why I closed the gun thread (and that gun thread now holds the world record for gun thread longevity!)

It was merely locked into the spiral of "you said" / "no I didn't" / "you Americans are all idiots if you think you need guns" / "well you don't live in the States so what sodding right do you have to tell us what we can or can't do" / "I haven't told you what to do" / "yes you have in post 237" / "no I didn't and you can't prove it" / "well I can't now because you've changed your post" / "no I didn't" / "yes you did" / "anyway my aunt knew someone who used to live in the UK and they say that there are masses of killings by guns there and you ban guns there, so that shows how much you know" / "well my friend bought a parrot from someone who lives in the USA and they don't have a gun and they've never been killed so it proves that ownership of guns is bloody dangerous and you shouldn't allow it" / "there you go again telling us how to live in America when you've never even been here and know nothing about anything" / "I didn't tell you how to live" / " you said 'you shouldn't allow it' and that IS telling us" / "no it isn't" / " well sod you then, you never listen to what anybody says if they don't agree with you and I'm going to put you on my ignore list" / "that doesn't stop all you Americans (or Brits or Europeans or people living in China) being stupid"

I think that's a fair summary of the thread lately. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

And they were warned to behave. :E

con-pilot
19th Feb 2013, 22:00
Ben

Is it just that they get too boring?

The last one, that was just closed, was to me, I mean after all, one can only ask the same questions so many times, so many different ways for only so long.

But I'm sure that there will be something else come along to irritate our English cousins and we'll be back at it again. :ok:

Keeps one's brain active. :E

BenThere
Oh well, another gun thread will come along. I'll just save my ammunition.

con-pilot
Oops, the time warp is back. :ooh:

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 22:03
If you cut and paste that stuff above, you can save a lot of time in gun-thread-development time Ben! ;)

11Fan
19th Feb 2013, 22:12
Oh well, another gun thread will come along. I'll just save my ammunition.

If you want some fodder, we just had a shoot-em-up in Orange County California this morning where several folks were murdered. I can happily report that the jackass that started it was kind enough to take himself out, much to the chagrin of all the folks sitting at the busy intersection who got to witness him stopping in the middle of the street to get out of the truck and eat his gun.

There's some reality TV for you.

Live at five.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 22:15
Ooooh you're right con (and no I'm not speaking French ;):E).

Thanks for that, I'll tell the powers that be.

Wholigan
19th Feb 2013, 22:24
By the way con, if I assume right and you flew this beast ..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVVQW--5WKw

........... then you are one of the few people I envy on PPRuNe. I would also like to have flown the Dakota. Days of proper, real flying in my view.

11Fan
19th Feb 2013, 22:49

Wholigan,

Actually, he flew these kind of beasts.....

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l4fyyhjtpq1qzoa9f.jpg

con-pilot
19th Feb 2013, 22:59

No, sadly not, would have loved to. I did ride on them as a young passenger however. The round motor aircraft I did fly, was the DC-3 of course, Howard 350, Lockheed Learstar Mk II and a limited time in the DC-6. All but the DC-3 was co-pilot time.

alisoncc
19th Feb 2013, 23:30

Most probably, as gomorrah comes quite a few days before tomorrah.

Whirlygig
19th Feb 2013, 23:37
... and considerably sooner than Begorrrah. :p

Cheers

Whirls

Matari
19th Feb 2013, 23:45
But after you light the menorah.

BenThere
19th Feb 2013, 23:47
Good point, Signore.

pigboat
20th Feb 2013, 00:09
Isn't Gomorrah in Ireland? :confused:

That MATS Connie was the one John Travolta bought from Conifair that they used as a spray aircraft for spruce budworm. A good friend ferried it from CYYY where it was stored, to KMIA. He had a runaway prop on #4 on the way down and had to go into Raleigh-Durham. Said the experience made him an instant Christian. :ooh:

Seldomfitforpurpose
20th Feb 2013, 06:55
But I'm sure that there will be something else come along to irritate our English cousins and we'll be back at it again. :ok:

Hope so as some kind soul pm'd me a couple of great links which will raise a few pulses :p

Radar66
20th Feb 2013, 09:37
I have a PhD in cat-herding mate.

I was trained by the best. Ask her, she'll tell ya.

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/Radar66/emoticons/raisedeyebrow.gif

stuckgear
20th Feb 2013, 09:56

not really Keef, it's generally fairly quiet and shut up out of season, at the height of season, its a bit boring with not a lot to do, especially if you are a true hedonist.

ShyTorque
20th Feb 2013, 13:12
Bit like Blackpool then?

Erwin Schroedinger
20th Feb 2013, 13:56
I felt the need to defend my position against some pretty stiff opposition.

No need to worry about the pretty ones. There aren't any on Jet Blast.

Definitely watch your position with the stiff ones, though. Especially on a thread discussing sodomy. :uhoh:

rgbrock1
20th Feb 2013, 14:15
A thread discussing sodomy? Uh, let's not.

Instead, lets have a thread discussing boobs. Big boobs, medium sized boobs and small and pert boobs.

Slasher
20th Feb 2013, 19:34
I'd hate to see a Jules Winnfield type moderating JB!

UPHuE5pDlEs

Then again.... :cool:

Slasher
20th Feb 2013, 19:38
Here ya go rgb - some tits 'n pussies! :)

Ray1TgSkWPY