PDA

View Full Version : BBC. Journalist on strike

uffington sb
18th Feb 2013, 17:32
Anyone notice....?

Apart from some bloke I've never seen before reading the news.

Milo Minderbinder
18th Feb 2013, 17:35
if it reduces the licence fee, I wish they'd strike more often

Flap 5
18th Feb 2013, 20:04
No 'Today'. No 'PM'. So yes I did notice.

These are the people who report on the cut backs and frequently pontificate on the necessity for them - just as long as it is everyone else.

cuefaye
18th Feb 2013, 20:25
Long may it continue. Big mouths, big grins, 'dwelling' on words - and with most, but not all, lacking intelligence and common sense :*

Fox3WheresMyBanana
18th Feb 2013, 20:33
I gave up on the BBC as an important news source about 2 years ago.

So what if they're on strike?

Cacophonix
19th Feb 2013, 01:27
Oh my gosh. A day without PC patronization. How will we survive?

The BBC has become very much its own damned arse and that stinks.

Caco

Ozzy
19th Feb 2013, 01:37
Thank Christ! How long can they stay out?

Ozzy

aviate1138
19th Feb 2013, 05:46
At last a break in "24 Hour Breaking News" the insidious, often inaccurate curse of modern

living.

Erwin Schroedinger
19th Feb 2013, 06:12
They're on strike in time I paid for with my License Fee (aka 'daylight robbery with the support of an even more thieving Government').

I want a refund. :*

sitigeltfel
19th Feb 2013, 08:41
I switched it on for twenty minutes this morning. There was a lengthy feature on Amy Winehouse, followed by another one on some other singer. They also had a story about some fat bird, who having slimmed down had too much skin, and said it was right that the NHS should pay to have it removed.

Why they need two highly paid sofa jockeys to present that drivel is beyond me. There was nothing remotely that could be called "news".

RedhillPhil
19th Feb 2013, 08:55
Spending licence payer's money?
Why did they have to fly over the sneering Huw Edwards to Rome to report on the Popes handing the Vatican keys back? I 'spect that there were at least five other people with him too. Then he had a chat with the B.B.C.'s Vatican correspondant - what, you mean the Beeb already have a man on the ground out there yet still fly the sneering welshman over for a report?
Ye Gods!

tony draper
19th Feb 2013, 09:02
BBC News is becoming more and more shallow and parochial have to switch over to Aljazeera to find out what's happening in the rest of the world,that is anywhere outside of feckin London.
:suspect:

Groundloop
19th Feb 2013, 11:53
Why did they have to fly over the sneering Huw Edwards to Rome to report on the Popes handing the Vatican keys back? I 'spect that there were at least five other people with him too. Then he had a chat with the B.B.C.'s Vatican correspondant - what, you mean the Beeb already have a man on the ground out there yet still fly the sneering welshman over for a report?
Ye Gods!

Unfortunately BBC News wastes loads of cash sending Edwards all over the world to do absolutely nothing more than he can do from London. I can remember a few years ago when there were large floods in the West Country (it was news then - not an everyday occurence like now!) and old Edwards was standing in a puddle in his wellies introducing the news. Why?!!!!:ugh:

Another big waste of money is having a reporter and film crew outside the Royal Courts of Justice at 10.00 at night reporting on a court case when the courts have been closed for over 5 hours!!!

Lon More
19th Feb 2013, 12:05
Is it possible to reclaim the Licence fee for the time they are on strike?

Ancient Observer
19th Feb 2013, 12:08
is the BBC the only place that we all want to strike more?

What do we want,
More strikes,
When do we want them?
Now!!!

(Repeat, with a suitable SWP/BBC banner)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
19th Feb 2013, 12:51
So 15 posts to zero in favour of a permanent BBC strike. Suggest the mods close this thread and post it to the BBC and Maria Miller.

Standard Noise
19th Feb 2013, 13:22
As long as it stops the leftie bias and endless global warming preaching, long may it continue!

tony draper
19th Feb 2013, 13:35
They have missed nowt.:uhoh:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/Deaddogbay/VgJSaDt_zpsdb34aab2.jpg

Krystal n chips
19th Feb 2013, 17:38
" BBC News is becoming more and more shallow and parochial have to switch over to Aljazeera to find out what's happening in the rest of the world,that is anywhere outside of feckin London"

True and has been for some time.....notably the ever, seemngly, focus on London and the South East.

Now IF, some, if not almost all Beeb "reporters" would care to return to the days when they reported the news....this is a key point.....instead of trying to be aspiring RADA applicants and hectoring the "little people who live outside London". and thus return to the standards for which the BBC was, and still is in many respects with the range of coverage / programmes produced and that set it apart from other news broadcasters, then the credibility would rapidly be restored.

The lamentable quality of many "reporters" would be a good place to commence with.

It's easy to criticise the Beeb, in fact they have replaced British Rail ( R.I.P ) in this respect, but, like the sadly missed B.R, they do provided a range of services, most of us never see or use..in the main.

There was a bonus however in that BBC "Mindless Today" was not broadcast, thus saving us the misfortune of having the nightly ego massage of a prime presenter....and, invariably, a series of reports on football...every night.

Sprogget
19th Feb 2013, 18:09
Since they moved it Salford, the breakfast program has gone downhill. If I see one more down at heel looking unshaven, pale, vitamin D deprived northern thing in ill fitting polyester expounding on some or other irrelevant social injustice that only affects oiks living in endless rows of council houses in the shadow of some wind swept, god forsaken moor, it'll be enough to drive me to Sky.

Should have left it in London, where stuff happens. F8cking northern monkeys.

Headstone
19th Feb 2013, 19:34
My BBC local news programme was only 10 minutes long last night instead of the usual 30 minutes magazine. One well spoken and accentless young lady read out the FACTS of the news that happened in our region. No going over to our reporter outside the place where the event was going on/had happened earlier. No asking for Twatt*r comments on what you think about the events, no pleas to get in touch if this article had affected you, no cheesy chatter between the presenters or sad jokes as they hand over to the weather person. In fact completely absent of any bias, emphasis or anyone bearing a resemblance to dear old Alan Partridge. So would all the BBC journalists please go on strike as often as possible.

tony draper
19th Feb 2013, 20:07
Spot on Mr H,the local news here has gone right down the tubes since the days of the likes of Mike Neville,real amateurish and naff as you describe.
:(

Sprogget
19th Feb 2013, 20:11
Roger Mellie was inspired directly by Mike Neville. And things have gone down hill? I don't think so.

G-CPTN
19th Feb 2013, 20:20
George House (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/north-east-news/evening-chronicle-news/2012/02/10/daughter-leads-tributes-to-look-north-presenter-george-house-72703-30304937/).

tony draper
19th Feb 2013, 20:20
Roger Mellie would be a welcome change,we got genuine banter with Mike unlike the rehearsed phony crap they we get now even rehearsed they buggah it up.

Krystal n chips
20th Feb 2013, 07:08
Ah, Sproggy baby.....

I can understand you angst, indeed, your confusion within your post.

Presumably, you only ever see Crawley in the styngian gloom of night...it does look better then, I agree, thus you may well have missed the relevance of the description you offered regarding Manchester / Salford....on the other hand, maybe your angst stems from rejection of a demo-tape the fabled, and yet undiscovered group, sent to a Been journalist for review?....rejection can prove traumatic irrespective of the context and my sympathies to you if this has been the case given the years of experience and sheer, raw, talent you have advised us of.

I note however, that in your concern, you may have made a typo error and missed out a vowel....allow me to remedy this lapse.

The official website for Skye, Lochalsh and Raasay in the north west of Scotland (http://www.skye.co.uk/)

Of course, it could also be the case that you meant the broadcaster, Sky, in which case, there would be a relevance... given the diverse range of broadcasters catering for an equally diverse range and level of erudition.

Sprogget
20th Feb 2013, 08:02
I can understand you angstWhat was that about missing vowels? or in your case, consonants?

If you represent the north commissar, then I forgot to mention sarcastic condescending tosspots claiming a desire to be altruistic in all endeavours toward their fellow man, but in all deeds & words, displaying the exact opposite. Freud would have a field day with a sour misanthrope like you.

Thank you Crawley & good night.

ATNotts
20th Feb 2013, 11:50
Sproggett

There is nothing wrong with BBC Breakfast coming from Salford, that wasn't wrong with it when it came from London - just more northern accents and less southeastern ones - perhaps you now realise how the rest of the UK feels about the London bias of BBC news generally.

RedhillPhil
20th Feb 2013, 22:29
Ye Gods!

There's a funny thing. I got the Radio Times to-day and there in the letters page was a viewer saying exactly the same.

BenThere
21st Feb 2013, 01:57
BBC lost its way long ago. Its mission has been entertainment and indoctrination, rather than news and information, for a few decades now.

Sorry its revenues are extracted from the people with compulsion, but that's how lefties roll.

Ozzy
21st Feb 2013, 04:38
Fcuk em Fcuk em Fcuk em and one more thing, oh yeah, fcuk em

Ozzy

cavortingcheetah
21st Feb 2013, 05:01
An overfunded Communist radio station is having staffing problems and might have to descend into silence? Splendid!

stumpey
21st Feb 2013, 06:59
I get all the news I need from Jet Blast !

sitigeltfel
22nd Feb 2013, 11:18
Their brothers over at the Grauniad have downed word processors.

Guido Fawkes blog (http://order-order.com/2013/02/22/guardian-goes-on-strike/)

The usual thugs will be outside to enforce it. Maybe the last gasp before the whole media group goes tits up!