PDA

View Full Version : Page Moving When Clicking

merch
18th Feb 2013, 09:27
Hope someone can help.

When I click on a link or page, the page moves down so, for example, that I open the link above the one I want.

Using W7, Chrome and a wired mouse.

As I'm typing this it is happening as well.

Thanks
Merch

FullOppositeRudder
18th Feb 2013, 11:29
What brand and model of mouse please??

My Microsoft Comfort Optical Mouse 1000 has a 'feature' which comes close to doing what you have described and which can be invoked with a single click on the scroll wheel.

It's too hard to explain further at this time of night, but if the mouse model is the same, I'll make an effort tomorrow ..... :zzz:

merch
18th Feb 2013, 12:40
It's an HP mouse

mike-wsm
18th Feb 2013, 22:13
It's been the same here over the past few days. I use a tablet, no mouse, just an ancient home-grown WWII finger. I find waiting a second or two helps.

merch
19th Feb 2013, 14:26
Thanks MIke I'll try waiting

Milo Minderbinder
19th Feb 2013, 16:23
I've come across this several times before, and on watching the complainent its been obvious nearly every time that he/she is making an involuntary jerk of the mouse when clicking
The few occasions when thats not been the case, they've been catching the mouse scroll wheel as they click. One finger clicks the button, another finger snags the wheel at the same time. And they never realise they're doing it. Usually comes with arthritic fingers