PDA

View Full Version : New Photobucket - anyone else having problems?

India Four Two
18th Feb 2013, 03:25
Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with the new version of Photobucket?

This morning I uploaded a photo, apparently successfully, four times and it never showed up in my library. I was finaly successful, using the Photobucket app on my iPhone.

I have never used the Photobucket editor, but there seem to be a lot of very unhappy users, complaining about the new editor. See this FAQ and the pages of comments attached to it:

Editor FAQ, and why we cannot change it back : Photobucket Support (http://support.photobucket.com/entries/21430694-Editor-FAQ-and-why-we-cannot-change-it-back)

Loose rivets
18th Feb 2013, 04:25
Every time I get used to it, it changes and I'm back to hit-or-miss operations.

Pelikal
22nd Feb 2013, 19:04
Just tried to upload to it today for the first time in a while. Like the OP, tried uploading an image, apparently successfully but it is not in the album/library yet the image shows on the home page.

I've found that the image was saved to the top level, Library - 'Your Photos & Videos' and not to the album. I'm sure before I would create a new Album open it and just click 'upload' and the image would upload to that Album. It does appear you have to select upload to xxxxx album or it defaults to Library.

That's my take on it anyway.

I then had trouble copying the IMG code, sometimes it does work sometimes it doesn't it seems to me. If you're having trouble copying, select user, user settings, Albums and under Links select 'turn on easy linking mode'. You can then copy the code from underneath the thumbnail.

Dunno whether any of this is helpful or just waffle from a novice. Cheers!

Tableview
22nd Feb 2013, 19:09
The only thing I can't get to work properly is the 'edit' function, specifically the 'resize' which is the only one I need.

Pelikal
22nd Feb 2013, 20:17
Hmmm, just had a look at the resize function. Very ambiguous/vague to my mind. It certainly isn't displaying the original resolutions as you would see if you checked in, say, Photoshop or Paint.

Groundgripper
27th Feb 2013, 15:00
The only thing I can't get to work properly is the 'edit' function

Same here; I spent most of an afternoon trying to resize some pictures to put on the TRRAB forum in Jet Blast. Firstly it refused to recognise the edit button just above the picture but did see the edit part of the black band across the top of the screen. When I did try to resize and replace a picture it just stayed at the same size. I alo found that it worked in Opera but not in Firefox.:bored:

Later on I saved the same pictures to a new sub-album - next time I went to look for them they were back in the main album and the sub-album was empty.

Very strange.

GG

Loose rivets
27th Feb 2013, 19:41
For reasons I don't understand, a quick fix for Pprune is to remove the IMGs from the post. Folk have to pick the link, but it always seems to fit.

BEagle
1st Mar 2013, 16:08
The 'new' Photobucket is a typical example of geeks fiddling with a familiar system and ruining it.

I loathe the new Photobucket. Those of a similar mind may wish to view https://www.change.org/petitions/photobucket-stop-the-switch-to-beta-photobucket .

Not so much Photobucket as Photobuggered!