View Full Version : N450PG@KCCR

AirWon
18th Feb 2013, 02:05
So why would the arrogant, presumably co-pilot, of the aforementioned aircraft not want me to post a picture of it on line? Ironically, this site is not allowing me to do so anyway.....? Thoughts...?

westhawk
18th Feb 2013, 02:34
So why would the arrogant, presumably co-pilot, of the aforementioned aircraft not want me to post a picture of it on line? Ironically, this site is not allowing me to do so anyway.....? Thoughts...?

Perhaps the flightcrew member in question doesn't care to have images of the airplane he flies posted on the internet for reasons of corporate or personal privacy/security.

Yes, this site WILL allow you to post images. You just need to know how.

As to the matter of the attitude of pilot you spoke to, maybe your winning personality and charm just brings out the best in people? :) I could see how one might get that impression based solely upon the opening line of your post.

You are of course free to do as you wish. Respect the wishes of that pilot or impetuously do the opposite.

Should you wish to avoid conflict in the future, you might consider doing what most spotters do: Take your pictures from a distance and do whatever you please with them.

AirWon
18th Feb 2013, 02:46
Wow..!! Talk about attitude mate, "spotter"?? You might want to re-read your own post, which wreaks of attitude. I'm an EMS pilot and this aircraft is parked right next to my trailer. I was in my flight suit, and was actually taking a couple of shots for my kids. No attitude displayed. I actually told the guy, "no problem". I had no intention of posting it online, to what..??

There are multiple shots of this particular aircraft on line, at many different airports and it doesn't take too much digging to find out quite a lot about it. Aircraft of this size normally park on the other side of my airport, where this guy parked is very close to the designated "spotter's" area....

Please don't reply to my post again. You've had your go. Take that superior attitude elsewhere.

westhawk
18th Feb 2013, 02:52
There's that attitude! I guess that explains that.

I didn't say you are a spotter. I said that spotters usually shoot from a distance. Maybe you should try it.

Don't get yourself in a huff chum. Keep up the attitude if it pleases you.

Aphrican
18th Feb 2013, 06:49
It seems to belong to the Bank of America :

Aircraft N450PG (2007 Gulfstream Aerospace GIV-X (G450) C/N 4072) Photo by Bill Larkins (Photo ID: AC844137) (http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/photo/000844137.html)

http://www.buchairnet.com/gallerypics/2009_WEF/212_N450PG_BankofAmerica.jpg

http://www.buchairnet.com/gallerypics/2009_WEF/212_N450PG_BankofAmerica.jpg

DaveReidUK
18th Feb 2013, 07:01
Not sure why this thread is in (currently) Rumours and News, but anyway ...

Many US business aircraft owners/operators (and the NBAA on their behalf) are sensitive about their aircraft movements being reported, especially on the Net.

This is (quote) "to address security-related, commercial, and privacy imperatives, and is essential to protect general aviation aircraft and flight information from real-time public availability".

The security angle is specious, of course, but for example if the jet normally used by Company X's CEO is reported as landing at the airport next to struggling Company Y's plant, then that becomes commercially valuable information to a stock trader.

See Block Aircraft Registration Request (BARR) Program | NBAA - National Business Aviation Association (http://www.nbaa.org/ops/security/barr/)

LGW Vulture
18th Feb 2013, 08:46
Aircraft belongs to Computer Associates.

Hotel Tango
18th Feb 2013, 10:15
If you photograph any aircraft from a public area you are at liberty (at least in the USA) to display it. However, if you are on the ramp (even legitimately) it's a different ball game altogether and you need the permission of the owner (and possibly the airport authority too). As already mentioned, business aircraft owners/operators can be quite sensitive, hence why many bizjet FBOs in the States now have tall fences around their ramp areas.

AircraftOperations
18th Feb 2013, 23:37
There are some jets with "PG" in their reg that belong to Procter & Gamble, I believe.