PDA

View Full Version : CPL/IR with one problem ...

Vcten
17th Feb 2013, 23:15
My hours are just above the minimum for licence issue. After recently being issued with a CPL/IR it's become very apparent that even the least desirable jobs have a minimum hour requirement that I cannot comply with. My preferred career path would be air taxi/ regional airline / major airline. Can someone please tell me the best way to gain experience / hours so I can at least apply for a job. I am also interested in pilot apprenticeship schemes although as of yet I am only aware of the jet2 scheme. Any information and discussion would be great as people in my situation can benefit.

4redsyourdead
17th Feb 2013, 23:50
Network.

Hang around the local airfields get to know people and make contacts!Amazing the people you can meet at an airfield cafe.

Go to your local Parachute/glider club and again network with them and show interest and be keen about volunteering with them.

Become an instructor.

Most importantly stay positive, keep current with flying and also technical theory and target specific airlines you feel you have a good chance with. Ie not BA,Virgin, or anything like that. But visit small airlines and actually go to their offices and talk to them.

Wesker
18th Feb 2013, 08:59
You realize this now? :ugh:

but I agree with "4redsyourdead"....

one post only!
19th Feb 2013, 08:37
Sorry but it never ceases to amaze me how people can spend all this time and money getting the licence but have absolutely no idea about the job market or what they will do after they graduate.

PPP! (Ask someone what it means) It's quite important in aviation! In more ways than one.

Vcten, good luck getting a job. You will have to start doing a lot of work yourself now as no-one will spoon feed you what you need to know or do. That will continue all the way to the LHS.