PDA

View Full Version : Download streaming TV

BOAC
17th Feb 2013, 17:11
Mrs B and friends will be at Crufts next month, and would like to record some of the the TV coverage - I believe it will be from the 'More4' coverage but will be 'extra' and on the internet rather than on digital TV.

Is there any way to record the screen video onto a hard drive? I know that there are programmes that will 'capture' anyaudio stuff going through the sound card - is there an equivalent for video?

Spitoon
17th Feb 2013, 17:57
hidownload (http://www.hidownload.com/) - works well for me. There's a free download 'trial' but I'm not sure what limitations it might have. It has a sniffer - switch it on and it will grab all sorts of streaming stuff.

BOAC
17th Feb 2013, 19:04
Thanks, Spitoon - will it download the digital TV streaming stuff - Iplayer, C4od etc?

Spitoon
18th Feb 2013, 03:51
Yup - no problem.

bit-twiddler
19th Feb 2013, 19:41
Failing that you can use the notfilmon addon for an XBMC installation and that allows you to save the stream directly. They have all the C4 streaming stuff on it.

mixture
19th Feb 2013, 20:41
I think you're barking mad BOAC.

Yeah... I know... I'll get my coat....I'm not a comedian, what can I say !

Milo Minderbinder
19th Feb 2013, 21:12
he'll be in the doghouse if he doesn't get it sorted

BOAC
19th Feb 2013, 21:19
Why am I dogged by mongrels?

Milo Minderbinder
19th Feb 2013, 21:49
thats a fine way to talk about your wife's friends

Saab Dastard
19th Feb 2013, 22:45
His bark is worse than his byte.

SD

BOAC
20th Feb 2013, 07:38
Milo - I take it you haven't met them...........................:D

On a more serious note, and I'm sorry to bitch about it, but XMBC had not crossed my sightline before. I downloaded it (Windows) and it installed fine. If anyone has used it on Win (XP), I have a problem - running it delivers a brief glance of the programme title and then a pretty screen full of blue circles - and a locked PC. Any tips?