PDA

View Full Version : Search function.

G-CPTN
13th Feb 2013, 14:16
What has happened to the Search function?

It appears to have been disabled.

Is this, perhaps, as a result of the recent reorganisation?

I think we should be told.

rgbrock1
13th Feb 2013, 14:19
I just clicked on the 'Search' function and it seems to work fine for me.

G-CPTN
13th Feb 2013, 14:27
Strange - I'm persistently getting:- Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

11Fan
13th Feb 2013, 14:37
rg,

The Search window opens like normal, but it doesn't seem to work. I just tried searching for "recent reorganisation" from G-CPTN's post.

Result: Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I'm on a PC, using Chrome. Could be that too.

rgbrock1
13th Feb 2013, 14:37
Just did a search on a term and it came back with a long list of threads. What browser are you using? Also, perhaps if you logged off PPRuNe and then back in again it might work?

rgbrock1
13th Feb 2013, 14:41
I just did another search, using "a new twist" as the term, and the return was as expected.

FWIW: I'm using Firefox but I doubt the browser in use has anything to do with it.

Try using a different search term. Say, "tits". (Which will return Slasher's handle quite a few times no doubt!!!)

ORAC
13th Feb 2013, 14:48
I'm on a PC, using Chrome. Could be that too. Still not working for me, and I'm using OSX/Safari

MagnusP
13th Feb 2013, 14:51
No hits on "totally pointless". W7 and IE8.

G-CPTN
13th Feb 2013, 15:13
I shut down my computer and re-booted.

Now the search function seems back to normal.

rgbrock1
13th Feb 2013, 15:15
G-CPTN:

I don't think a system reboot was necessary to fix the issue but if it works for you now, then good. Did you try logging out of PPRuNe first and then back in?

G-CPTN
13th Feb 2013, 15:28
Did you try logging out of PPRuNe first and then back in? No, I was going out anyway, so I took the opportunity for a reboot.

Wholigan
13th Feb 2013, 15:32
There has been an intermittent problem with the search function and it has been reported "up the line". It has - of course - not been "disabled"!

Loose rivets
13th Feb 2013, 15:47
I try to use search as much as possible to save repeating other folk's points, but setting, Loose rivets for instance, as a default does not work. What's more, it's gorn every time a search fails and I have to try another word. Very annoying, that.

I use InForm Enter to obviate the need to type it in (the PpruNe one is far too slow) but it's still a multi-action process where the setting imply it can be made permanent.

Loose rivets
16th Feb 2013, 07:18
Academic now. The damn thing doesn't work.

Posted on another thread:

And what's happened to Search function? I've put in several words I know were there and it's a Sorry bla bla bla.

One word was meteorite / meteor. And Belfast is not there - which is where I was going when I saw one that lit up the entire surface from Norway to Cork.

Pelikal
16th Feb 2013, 07:27
Just tried searching for 'search function', now surely that would register a result. Nowt.
FF and Win7.

Wholigan
16th Feb 2013, 09:18
Yep it's knackered again and been reported upwards again.

However, it's now the weekend in the USA so nothing likely to be solved for a while.

El Grifo
16th Feb 2013, 11:06
Save a slice for me Wholi :ok:

Ave a good un !!!!