PDA

View Full Version : ANY WANNABEES IN YORKSHIRE/LEEDS

finals40
19th Jul 2001, 02:26
hi guys...any wannabees in yorkshire out there..if yes come back and leave details......planning a project.

stuartmurray
19th Jul 2001, 11:10
Hi, I am moving to Leeds to September to go to Uni. What are you planning?

Stuart

Northern Lad
19th Jul 2001, 11:37
Yep. Currently a postgraduate student in Leeds. :p

foghorn
19th Jul 2001, 13:43
Doing my CPL/IR at Leeds at the moment. Having a week's break at the mo will be back shortly.

EGDR
19th Jul 2001, 14:43
Foghorn - noticed you're doing CPL/IR at Leeds, it's not with multiflight , is it ? Just wondering because I was looking in to doing it with them and would like to hear what they're like form the students point of view.

DoleBoy
19th Jul 2001, 16:26
I'm from Huddersfield and I am up for any bash/project you suggest.

finals40
19th Jul 2001, 18:48
hey there dole boy we are from the same good old yorkshire town lad.....well yeah i was planning a night out for wannabee/pilots in the yorkshire area.....pref within the next few weeks.....so lads let me know what u think and well tajke it from there....i was thinking of the 3/4 of august.

fod horn by the way how are muti flight...am planning to do my ppl at ormond beach in one chunk but am very interested in their reasonable rates....as wel as being real close to home.....any tips....hints.

LEAVE UR DETAILS HERE IF UR UP FOR A HIGH FLYING NIGHT SO WE CAN GET SOMETHING TOGETHER....CHEERS ;)

foghorn
19th Jul 2001, 18:59
EGDR,

Affirm, Multiflight. They're top notch IMHO - I have no complaints. Because they're small, you get a friendly personal service and are not fighting with twenty other students for aircraft like at some larger schools.

I should have my CPL shortly and I am rolling straight into an IR. I'm also considering doing an MCC and instructor rating there.

The only pitfall of them being small is that they have a long waiting list - I booked in February for a late June start.

cheers!
foggy.

George T
19th Jul 2001, 20:42
Hi, I'm from Hull. (Also known as 'ull :)) Just got my PPL started my IMC and strting ATPL.Looking at Bristol. Anyone know if they are any good?

StephenM
19th Jul 2001, 21:53
I'm from Huddersfield too !!

Going on holiday on Saturday for one week but would definitely be up a knees up some time

nice one

steve

Joaquín
19th Jul 2001, 22:19
Another one one here. Waiting for the results of ATPL exams tomorrow :confused: and doing CPL/IR at Leeds Flying School.

George, Bristol 150%, I did it there. Top quality (there a couple of threads about it).

Jetheat
19th Jul 2001, 22:50
Just moved to Leeds (Otley, West Yorkshire), 5 miles from the airport.

Ex-wannabee since I moved here to start my new job as an F/O based at LBA.

Crowe
19th Jul 2001, 22:57
Hi guys

I've just got my PPL with Multiflight - I live near Bradford. CPL & IR to follow if the cash holds out...

I'd be up for a wannabes night out - any more details yet??

Cheers

G-LOST
19th Jul 2001, 23:27
You'll find a load of ppruners in residence at Leeds Flying School, so any wannabes are welcome to pop in for a coffee anytime. A few ex-wannabes are still hanging around also.

LOST

finals40
20th Jul 2001, 00:12
How does 3/4th of august in leeds sound.....if not suitable let us know when is....ill leave this open for u al to decide over.

Jetheat
20th Jul 2001, 01:37
I cant do it coz Im getting married on the 17th in London. How about early Aug or late July?

Crowe
21st Jul 2001, 01:11
Jetheat

you can't make the 3/4th of August 'cos you're getting married (congrats by the way) on the 17th??

are your mates sending you to Antarctica on your stag night or something....

[ 20 July 2001: Message edited by: Crowe ]

Jetheat
21st Jul 2001, 01:25
No, but I fear that if I met with all the wannabees, they might do something similar.
So I think its best I stay away from everyone near that date. :)

big.al
21st Jul 2001, 02:24
Hi to Finals40 and all...

I've heard a lot about Ormond Beach (all bad I'm afraid, but I guess it's only opinions). Check out the forums on www.flyer.co.uk (http://www.flyer.co.uk) and you'll find a few dissatisfied customers...).
I've booked up with Orlando Flight Training for my JAR PPL starting in mid-April - not the cheapest but I've heard lots of good things, mainly because of their link with Cabair. Having said that, if anyone has any differing opinions, I'd like to hear them!

I'm from Sheffield, so any project you may be looking to start up in Yorkshire will be of interest. When are you doing your PPL?

finals40
21st Jul 2001, 03:21
cheers big al for the advice will now check ur site before i book....and hopefully when weve got enough interest in this night out we can finalise details....keep u posted.....cheers.....hey we are getting to hjave a little yorkshire flying community here!!

finals40
21st Jul 2001, 03:27
HEY JET HEAT CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEDDING...YEAH EARLY AUGUST SOUNDS COOL......IF THATS OK BY THE REST TOO..NOW U TOLD US WE HAVE TO HAVE A STAG NIGHT OUT.....BUT NOT TO ANTARTICA GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE STYLE!!! :p :p

Pilch
21st Jul 2001, 15:33
Count me in - I'm from York and would love to meet up other wannabees over a beer. August 11/12 no good for me otherwise got for it.

Pilch.

Max Drift
22nd Jul 2001, 03:05
Back to the top.

I'm a Leeds lad, PPL with Multi-Flight. It would be pretty good to meet up with a few like minded folk up this neck of the woods.

Count me in on whatever is being planned.

finals40
23rd Jul 2001, 01:35
No worries max drift as soon as we all arrange something ill post somethiung...keep posted on this thread though...cheers ;)

JB007
23rd Jul 2001, 12:47
Leeds is my home town....could possibly make the 4th August ???

If the bash gets anymore popular you may want to consider a posting in the PPRuNe Bashes forum...

[ 23 July 2001: Message edited by: JB007 ]

QUERY
24th Jul 2001, 16:18
Morning all, well it was when I started on this site.
Doubt that we'll collide soon, as too busy & poor at present.
BigAl. claims to be from Sheffield but then proves it by picking on OBA- just because owner is from Leeds!
In fact, I've heard, more or less, the direct opposite on OBA vs OFT, so the only real conclusion is that OFT is definitely a lot more expensive. That will ensure that BigAl. is OFT's last customer from God's Own County, except for rare rich kids and the odd daft ****. Seriously, 2 Airtours Captains said they would never have had the mental attitude and money to get started without the OBA pressure (high) and prices (low).

OK- it always depends on: what you happen to hear, whether you liked your instructor, how many times you failed- or made it with the CFI's wife etc. Some say Sherburn is s...t and others disagree but the Florida folk do say that Orlando Flight Training is really dear and BigAl. has already been caught. Also, if you speak to some PPL's from Sarrff of Watford, 'owned by Cabair' (they call it Grabair or Scabair) seems to be a very good reason for NOT going to OFT.

P.S. Celebrate Yorkshire Day - 1st August?.

finals40
24th Jul 2001, 22:51
RIGHT PEOPLE

ok lets get this thing tidied up...telling from the feedback thats been posted here to the night out it seems as though we all have different dates in mind. The dates available for August are 3/4, 10/11, 17/18 or 24/25....im loking at 3/4 of august but if u all leave postings that this is too out of the way we can reschedule.......if not then the 3 or 4th of august it will be..unless jetheat invites us to his wedding reception!! :p

DoleBoy
24th Jul 2001, 23:29
3rd/4th Aug is good for me. :p

finals40
25th Jul 2001, 00:00
ok thanx for gettin back dole boy...the rest-dates in mind ???..by the way dole which part of hudds u from and what u do....im near fixby :cool:

finals40
26th Jul 2001, 21:11
COME ON GUYS....lets get this night under way and make it a winner......am i right to assume that 3/4th august is a yes then??

looking at the numbers i dont think we have enough.... :confused: but hopefully nearer the time things will look up....if we are gonna meet up ...shall we say leeds...around 7pm on sat agust the 3rd ..venue to be arranged...all whoa re interewsted pls leave names here..........

Pilch
29th Jul 2001, 01:38
Good for me, I have my ticket signed. The 3rd is the Friday, so are we doing Friday or Saturday ?

finals40
29th Jul 2001, 03:02
THANX PILCH FOR THE ENTHUSIASM....looks like its gona be just me and u :( ....come on guys the mans preparing to comedown from yok...lets have a god show of hands whos gonna be comin from around leeds?

JB007
29th Jul 2001, 18:44
Also a thread running in PPRuNe Bashes Forum...

Joaquín
1st Aug 2001, 03:09
Come on everybody, go to the Bash forum and sign up for this Saturday!!!!! It'll be fun!!