PDA

View Full Version : 'The Alliance of Aviation Professionals and Associates

Compylot
12th Feb 2013, 20:27
Back to the topic of the Movie Flight please.

Another colleague of mine today expressed the same feelings that the Movie only further degrades our professional standing in the eyes of Mr and Mrs Public.

ie over paid drunk flight attendant rooting coke snorting glorified Bus drivers...

Thanks Flight.

Apologies Sir for the thread drift, it was not my intention to diverge from the topic regarding the movie 'Flight'.

I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

I suggest that we draw together a body of aviation professionals, representing not just professional air crew but also Air Traffic Control, Engineers, Flight Attendants and Ground Handlers. (I have included ground handlers here because I am sick to death of the poor attempt many commercials make when including marshalers in some way to sell a product. Too often I see actors waving glow sicks around with absolutely no idea of the correct procedures and don't get me started on their lack of appropriate high visibility clothing or ASIC!)

Anyway, we could call this industry body 'The Alliance of Aviation Professionals and Associates' or 'AAPA' and most likely the elected board members could, on a volunteer basis, review any media that depicts anything to do with professional aviation and if the body votes overwhelmingly to endorse the portrayal as accurate based against an agreed standard, they would then have the right to display the message 'AAPA Endorsed' at the end of the credits.

Alternately if a movie does not come up to scratch it could be annotated with "This movie has not been endorsed by the 'Alliance of Aviation Professionals and Associates'

I'd put my hand up for a spot on the panel!

One of the first movies I'd be pushing for review and dis endorsement is 'Snakes on a Plane'.

Ejector
13th Feb 2013, 12:51
I want to be on the panel too, how do I apply?

tail wheel
13th Feb 2013, 17:58
Yet another aviation organisation? :ugh:

There is already GAPAN (http://www.gapan.org.au/).

Why take a movie film so seriously when it is merely designed to entertain? :confused: