PDA

View Full Version : All over a confiscated pocket knife?.

prospector
12th Feb 2013, 19:17
This statement is the result of having a pocket knife confiscated on a domestic flight inside New Zealand, made by a politician of one of our minor parties. The same person has had many relevant articles as to the state of political correctness, racism, practiced by our major political parties on our internal politics, and none has been reported on by the Press. Apparently using the word "Wogistan" is worthy of headlines though.

Muslims: New Zealanders' rights are "denigrated by a sorry pack of misogynist trogolodytes from Wogistan".

Prosser apologises for lack of balance - National - NZ Herald News (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10865127)

Milo Minderbinder
12th Feb 2013, 21:30
Isn't Wogistan a bit to the extreme right of Dagodagoland?

Vercingetorix
12th Feb 2013, 22:20
He's not very savvy for a politician.

BenThere
12th Feb 2013, 22:32
I like the cut of his gib and always have. I think it's the rest of the mob that can't handle the truth.

Rail Engineer
12th Feb 2013, 22:38
He has certainly touched on the raw nerve of public opinion though.

As a frequent flyer I find the whole aviation security system to be a complete waste of time to the point of being pretty much ineffective. The standards are variable and it seems to me that the whole point of the exercise seems to be tied up with ever increasing means of Governments raising revenue. The two occasions I can think off when MTs did get onto an a/c, they had already passed through security and handed in their bottles of water - except that was never going to be the cause of the threat :*

Take ESTA for example, how pointless is that ?

It produces nothing to take to the airport, the Airlines as far as I can work out are not interested in it - I have never been asked to produce a number or any evidence prior to flying and it has never been mentioned on arrival in the US.

They already KNOW I am travelling because of API so what value does ESTA bring ??

Can anyone actually justify it ???

Then there is the complete nonesense about not being able to bring on-board large bottles of SEALED water. Apparantly I could bring a whole swimming pool of water provided it is in small bottles - which just seem to costs so much more pro-rata - strange that :ugh: Yet no-one can actually explain WHY water is restricted..

radeng
13th Feb 2013, 10:33
Isn't the money raised from ESTA supposed to be used to encourage tourism in the US? Although regrettably, entry at most US airports seems designed to discourage anyone from going there. Even worse, I understand, is transit in LA on a New Zealand - LA - LHR flight.

vee-tail-1
13th Feb 2013, 11:44
You could support this courageous politician by posting on the NZ Herald blog as I have just done.
There are precious few MPs who ignore the PC BS that blinds so many naive but well meaning people.