PDA

View Full Version : JET2.com seat pitch

pzu
12th Feb 2013, 12:45
JET2.com seat pitch - have they recently reduced availability of extra leg room seats, particularly on on 757's as used on Cyprus flights?

PZU - Out of Africa (Retired)

2Planks
15th Feb 2013, 19:07
http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/466290-jet2-4-a-44.html

see post 877

All to do with APD evidently

airforced
16th Feb 2013, 08:08
Load of tosh. Nothing at all to do with APD. All Jet2 seats are economy irrespective of extra legroom or not and therefore the standard APD applies.

They are removing the extra legroom seats for two reasons. More bums on seats on their flights and a seemingly lack of take up for the extra legroom seats. Another reason I'm told is that their 757s are non-standard configuration which means if one goes tech (which they do every now and again) it makes life difficult when they come to swap them round. Standardizing the seating will help them get over such problems.

There are still some legroom seats but the majority are being removed gaining Jet2 about another six rows of seats on a 757 I'm told.

Don't believe everything you read on here (except this post obviously!)

4Screwaircrew
16th Feb 2013, 13:50
6 extra seats, not six rows.

TSR2
16th Feb 2013, 19:33
All Jet2 seats are economy irrespective of extra legroom or not and therefore the standard APD applies.

The 'standard rate' of APD is higher than the 'reduced rate'. I think you will find that extra legroom seats now fall into 'standard rate' whilst non-extra legroom seats fall into 'reduced rate' category.

bluepilot
16th Feb 2013, 19:48
big difference between Jet2 and TOM/ TCX is the seat design, you get about 2" more legroom with the standard seat compared to other operators. so going back to 235 config now all the aircraft have them fitted is a good move.

airforced
17th Feb 2013, 08:30
4Screwaircrew 6 extra seats, not six rows.Apologies all. Must have been having a senior moment when I wrote 6 rows. It is of course 6 seats as you rightly point out.

Interesting to see the various thoughts on extra legroom seats/APD on this and the Jet2 thread. I shall watch with interest to see how it all pans out. Jet2 aren't the only one selling extra legroom seats. I've booked them on Monarch this May.