PDA

View Full Version : Cabair (orlando)

captainmacuk
19th Jul 2001, 00:41
Hi folks,

Just a quick post whilst taking my break from studying

Anyone been to or heard about cabair in Florida,

Whats the courses, aircraft,airport and staff like (etc)

Se Ya Later

boxjockey99
20th Jul 2001, 00:35
I was there just as they were transitioning to Cabair association in 1999 and had a great time. I had a few close calls as the aircraft were sometimes questionable maintenance wise but I understand that is all changed now. They have moved to a new building on the other side of the field and have a new fleet of Warrior III and Katanta' as well as a couple of AA5B Tigers (nice!!). The instructors change lots as in most US schools but I know at least one is British as we were there for the first time together and he has just moved across. Ask for Simon Ollerenshaw as your instructor he's a hoot!! The airport itself at Kissimee is great the TOWER guys are really good and very understanding of new pilots just watch out for them Mustangs (the P51 warbird variety) as they whizz round the circuit calling all you puddle jumpers 'targets'!! If you do go have a great time and make sure you do stuff like the 'space tour'

Box :D

mikethompson747
20th Jul 2001, 17:09
The school is called Orlando Flight Training www.flyorlandoflorida.com (http://www.flyorlandoflorida.com)

i was there in May, everything was good, groundschool lacked a little as did the maintenance of the planes, apart form that everything else was excellent