PDA

View Full Version : 380's to India

pilotday
12th Feb 2013, 10:52
Emirates Air may be unintentional beneficiary of Etihad-Jet deal | Firstpost (http://www.firstpost.com/business/emirates-air-may-be-unintentional-beneficiary-of-etihad-jet-deal-620710.html)

Its only a matter of time until you see five 380s (2 class) to Mumbai a day.

CAYNINE
12th Feb 2013, 14:08
Fat chance BOM, airside not up to standard, but HYD, DEL, BLR no problems what so ever.

migair54
12th Feb 2013, 15:17
Of course they will serve as much as seat as possible to India, now they are restricted to 54000 but as per article they would like to go up to 100.000 and serve at least 5 more cities... quite ambitious, but India is a big money maker.

We will see a mix of 2-3 class planes in Mumbai, some of the flights are going with good loads in the first cabins, donīt forget that BOM is a huge and very important business place.

Interesting that this move can make happier EK than EY.

Craggenmore
12th Feb 2013, 18:34
One a year, just like Jeddah, on a line check will do me fine.

I miss the curry.

White Knight
13th Feb 2013, 09:27
HYD, DEL, BLR no problems what so ever

Except BLR currently only a CA. At least according to the OM-C I was looking at yesterday. Not sure why!

Capt Groper
13th Feb 2013, 12:07
Ha Ha fat chance the ICAA will allow the extra seats in competition to AI.

Capt. Flamingo
13th Feb 2013, 13:11
White Knight:

"At least according to the OM-C I was looking at yesterday. Not sure why!"

Were you trying to get some sleep? opening that OM-C works better than Camomile tea!

White Knight
13th Feb 2013, 19:12
White Knight:

"At least according to the OM-C I was looking at yesterday. Not sure why!"

Sorry fellah... Semantics of language.

WHY.... Meaning WHY is BLR mearly a CA? Not why was I reading the ruddy OM-C...:D

But to answer your question; I was being a good EK skipper and seeing what my 'duck into in emergency' options are on the 380, having not flown over Incredible India for several months:ok::E:ok:

777-200LR
14th Feb 2013, 06:51
Don't forget BGW went from an Emergency Alternate to a Destination literally overnight!