PDA

View Full Version : Training in California

Mr TRC
11th Feb 2013, 21:23
So, I'm looking to go California to get some flying hours down and get my SE CPL, I have been looking at a few schools and wanted to get some opinions, warnings, or recommendations.

I am British and so will need an M1 visa, so the school needs SEVIS approval for a start.

California Flight Academy and American Aviation Academy both base out of Gillespie Field near San Diego, they seem to offer decent prices and options on what I want and further options. I know these are two larger schools and so may be a much different experience to smaller places.

Does anyone have experience with either place, or knows of any major reasons to go/keep away?

I know AAA had some issues a few years ago with incorrectly issued visas but has since changed names.

Another option is Sunrise Aviation who fly out of John Wayne Airport in Santa Ana, someone on here recommended them in another thread I think.

Any comments or other recommendations of schools in a similar area, SoCal is preferred and close to the sea if possible.

Thanks in advance.

custardpsc
12th Feb 2013, 10:07
I am currently doing se land cpl at California Flight Centre at long beach and like it there. Pay as you fly, nice people, Long Beach is a good place to train generally, you might also look at Chino.