PDA

View Full Version : How to get "a sense of well being"

Sallyann1234
11th Feb 2013, 17:31
LiveLeak.com - Inflatable Fetish - Mr Blow Up

rgbrock1
11th Feb 2013, 17:59
Sallyann:

You post something like that knowing that Slasher is lurking somewhere?!!!!!

Slasher
11th Feb 2013, 18:03
Haven't been able to connect to Liveleak rgb for the past 10 minutes...

Now I'm REALLY curious!

Hang on.... I managed to see it on my Opera browser.

His blowup mask is shaped like a giant knob - he looks like a true d!ckhead!

Carry0nLuggage
11th Feb 2013, 21:11
Let's hope for his sake he doesn't take that ball away with him if he ever visits a Russian ski resort. :sad:

pigboat
12th Feb 2013, 01:14
Ain't that Mick Jagger?

Loose rivets
13th Feb 2013, 08:20
There's quite a lot published about claustrophobia in the womb, but I know of no published links with that phenomenon and being rewarded by being confined in fetich materials. I think it's probable that the reward circuits happen to use the same pleasure centers in our brains that should not be activated until puberty. Havelock Ellis called this 'Stuff fetishism.' but I'm not sure it's a fetish in the true sense.

When we're born numerous neuro/physiological changes take place and I imagine some of the fetus' comforting anti-claustrophobia rewards are rekindled when it becomes a child and comes into contact with modern materials. Probably never happened before rubber and plastic were invented.

When someone posted 'Elton John's Wedding Dress' a few years back and showed something like that bloke in a ball, I was astonished to find quite a lot about it on the net. I posted something, but the thread was quickly deleted. Some people feel very uncomfortable about the phenomenon and really it is largely considered to be a full-blown fetish. (yes, I know, groan.)

It seems so boring to me. They seem to get all togged up in one thing or another - and then just sit there. What kind of conversation can you hold while dressed as a beach ball? And if you could, would you be taken seriously? How nice can it be after the novelty has worn off and your partner makes you sit around for another n hours?

Looking at that clip, I'd have got the overwhelming desire to roll him down the stairs. Not a malicious desire, just boyish mischief. And heck, what if the front door was open and he went down the street.

arcniz
13th Feb 2013, 13:05
There's quite a lot published about claustrophobia in the womb, but I know of no published links with that phenomenon and being rewarded by being confined in fetich materials. I think it's probable that the reward circuits happen to use the same pleasure centers in our brains that should not be activated until puberty.

Interesting premises, Rivets.

My own (unqualified and uninformed) sense of it would be that relatively little tactile sensation kicks in for the little tigger in the tank until that magic moment when the world abruptly turns cold and nasty and commences to poke, prod, and smack various of the bits that previously were not even noticeable in the isoclime of the womb.

In that inauspicious transition suddenly the paradigm of difference takes wing, followed by the first-ever pang of regret for the good old days and the be-all end-all imprint of deja vu.

From that chilly rough launch forward, the yearning idea of solace in a soft and welcoming nest, whether one's own or someone else's, takes hold and becomes a life-aiming quest --- with consequences such as we all know --- and thus half the whole life plot's already done in sketch before we even know the way up is.

stuckgear
13th Feb 2013, 15:20
sallyanne what the heck were you googling to find that.. if you want some fetish vid links i'm sure you'd get many tips from JBers.

xx

Loose rivets
13th Feb 2013, 15:31
Much more is known these days about fetal sentience, possibly even sapience. Indeed, when my fraternal twins were running around in their mother's womb, the boy seemed active to the point of wanting to start a netball team. There had to be some questioning going on in his little mind about his confinement and there was almost certainly some mechanism to negate the adverse affects of such profound restriction.

I feel fairly sure the warm glow that's felt up to the age of 9 years or so starts before birth.

The darn nuisance is, that warm glow is modified in adolescence when there's a sudden rush of blood to the crotch. From then on, far too much attention is focused on that region. I sometimes wonder if it'll ever end.:} << That's me trying to look like >> :E

Lonewolf_50
13th Feb 2013, 17:34
How to get "a sense of well being"

Back in the day, a BJ while sipping a San Magoo, at Marylin's when on port call in the P.I., did wonders for a sense of well being. :cool:

rgbrock1
13th Feb 2013, 17:48
Lonewolf:

You visited BJ's department store while sipping a San Magoo in the P.I.? How boring. :}

Slasher
13th Feb 2013, 17:52
http://boulderreporter.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/Brain-WellBeing-boulder.jpg

rgbrock1
13th Feb 2013, 18:05
Slasher buddy. What the hell is that graphic supposed to depict? I don't understand it at all.

Lyman
13th Feb 2013, 18:11
You had to, ""well, being, there"?

hi rg. I assumed Slasher had put the graphic together, and based it on some fluffy metric of "well being".

Live in Santa Rosa, and also in Honolulu. Boulder is nice, but I like Ashcroft best in COLO.

So I relate to it at that level.

Try to spend as little time as possible in Modesto.

The best place to "come from" is one's heart, eh?

Slasher
13th Feb 2013, 18:20
Just some comical propaganda from this mob (http://boulderreporter.com/omg-were-the-smartest-and-happiest/) rgb.

I know someone from Modesto - and she definitely aint
the dumb sort (just depressed as shit most of the time).

rgbrock1
13th Feb 2013, 18:21
Lyman:

If that's supposed to assist me in understanding Slasher's graphic it hasn't. Perhaps I'm being extremely dense but I still don't get it.

Thanks for the enlightenment Slasher. Now I get it!!!

Boulder, CO? Been there several times and can't imagine why.
Sure, it's nice. But nothing out of the ordinary.

Old skool Alex
13th Feb 2013, 18:35
Looks and sounds about like David Walliams.

Slasher
13th Feb 2013, 18:46
I assumed Slasher had put the graphic together,

Nah Im far too dumb to put together a graph like that Lyman.

This is more at my creative level!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmVBFDCi0-Qn4xJMV7T8DgCqMkORh7vxQPEU7Mx6pHVF2DvgLJPw

Sallyann1234
13th Feb 2013, 19:52
sallyanne what the heck were you googling to find that

Just a casual browse through LiveLink, which can sometimes produce a gem like that.
I was interested in the two in-depth analyses above, but must confess that my own conclusion reached at around 0:26 was simply "d!ckhead"

Lyman
13th Feb 2013, 19:52
What is that starting incline? High? That is me sleeping.

Lonewolf_50
13th Feb 2013, 20:15
rg, a game called "Smiles" was standard liberty fare in Subic City at Marylin's. Among sailors, anyway.

I have since learned that the bar burned to the ground.

That, sir, is a tragedy of epic proporitons. :{

http://thehiddenlighthouse.********.com/2008/01/subic-bay-and-ship-board-memories-from.html

arcniz
14th Feb 2013, 10:53
Much more is known these days about fetal sentience, possibly even sapience. Indeed, when my fraternal twins were running around in their mother's womb, the boy seemed active to the point of wanting to start a netball team. There had to be some questioning going on in his little mind about his confinement and there was almost certainly some mechanism to negate the adverse affects of such profound restriction.

Will agree to both sentience and sapience but not to the premise that the base-case metaphors and interpretation of ontogenic thought processes in the womb particularly correspond or subsequently translate well to the metaphors and observations of a much more stimulated and quickly much more diverse understanding that comes after that graduation fanny slap.

Decades of thinking about how to make automata-things intrinsically able to learn (and do so in a manner much more controlled and controllable than is normal for humans) have led me to the belief that much of the gestational cycle is useful as a process of the body teaching the mind about what's where and how to diddle and move all the attached bits and things for effecting the will and choice of the rapidly evolving germ of consciousness in the foetal critter. Trial and error, mostly, except that much of the sensors and actuators and wiring evolved (copied and stolen, really) from diverse archaea already has a fair bit of the detail in structure, and lacks only the presence of a skilled operator to make the bits work. Auto-self training in working the controls begins early, then goes on for a lifetime.