PDA

View Full Version : looking for old school friend

pilotbear
20th Apr 2002, 12:16
HI, obviously I am not expecting any confidential info here, but I am looking for someone I was at school with in the seventies (long time ago), I know he joined the RAF as a pilot then.
His name is Colin Benford. If anyone knows him please pass on this email address [email protected].
or just reply here.

A-V-8R
20th Apr 2002, 16:26
When I was trying to track down the RAF military service of a Brit here working for my airline, I discovered something called the RAF List.

I was able to obtain a copy from the Meadvale (?spelling) library; I think in the beginning, the part I did not photocopy, were instructions on how to contact current, past or former members of the RAF.

Try calling your local library. I believe it comes out yearly; all copies were available in London when I was searching.

In a separate but same category, I offer that if you are trying to locate an American veteran, go to www.reservist.com. It has a database of all Vietnam Vetereans and all military members since 1982, and will often lead you to their own home phone numbers.

Kim

P.S. The dip**** was lying about his RAF service in Vietnam...Wasn't even on the list, although his father was....

Hummingfrog
20th Apr 2002, 17:01
Try www.friendsreunited.co.uk.; I have had some success in finding old school and military friends.
HF:) :)

pilotbear
20th Apr 2002, 22:18
thanks for the suggestions:D :D :D

NorthernSID
25th Apr 2002, 14:21
A Colin Benford has you e-mail address. Hope its the one you want.

regards Northern SID

pilotbear
25th Apr 2002, 18:08
thank you:)