PDA

View Full Version : EK 380

SQnovice
11th Feb 2013, 13:09
Hi everyone

I'm just after some answers to some questions that I have about EK's 380 routes, layover and roster.

1) What are the routes that EK operate the 380's on? I know pretty much the routes but what are the crew on them? To Europe I'm guessing that they are mostly a 2 man crew, but to anything further a field are we talking 3/4 man crew? Also, routes like MEL/SYD-AKL, if its a 4 man crew, do they take the full crew on that route as well or do they stay behind in SYD and jsut take 2 crew, is AKL a turnaround or do you layover there as well?

2) What are layovers like on the 380s, once again I'm guessing most places in Europe or Asia are all 24 hours, but the ULH flights are they 48 hours layovers?

3) What are they rosters like on the 380? I would imagine that they wouldn't be too extreme which much time away from home? But from what I can find out there is only 1 turnaround route which is JED which I suppose is also used a training flight?

Any more information that anyone could give me would be great.

Many Thanks

SOPS
11th Feb 2013, 13:52
Why do you ask?

SubsonicMortal
11th Feb 2013, 14:00
1) What are the routes that EK operate the 380's on?

Current routes (http://www.emirates.com/english/flying/our_fleet/emirates_a380/emirates_schedule/emirates_flight_schedule.aspx)

To Europe I'm guessing that they are mostly a 2 man crew, but to anything further a field are we talking 3/4 man crew? Also, routes like MEL/SYD-AKL, if its a 4 man crew, do they take the full crew on that route as well or do they stay behind in SYD and jsut take 2 crew, is AKL a turnaround or do you layover there as well?

Long Range crew (abv 9 hrs usually): 3 crew
ULR crew: 4

ULR to SYD-AKL, augmenting crew do the AKL layover. Primary crew only fly DXB-SYD-DXB or DXB-MEL-DXB with a layover of around 38 hrs.

2) What are layovers like on the 380s, once again I'm guessing most places in Europe or Asia are all 24 hours, but the ULH flights are they 48 hours layovers?

EUR layovers generally 24 hrs, Toronto 48 hrs and 72hrs, JFK 36 hrs, HKG 50 hrs, Shanghai 72 hrs, SYD and MEL are around 38hrs for operating crew and about 24 hrs for augmenting crew.

3) What are they rosters like on the 380? I would imagine that they wouldn't be too extreme which much time away from home? But from what I can find out there is only 1 turnaround route which is JED which I suppose is also used a training flight?

Depends who you talk to. Some guys like doing lots of layovers and others prefer staying at home. If you like the latter then the 380 rosters are not that appealing as all flights are layovers. Only one turn around currently which goes to Jeddah. Mostly used as a training flight or for annual line checks.

EK380
11th Feb 2013, 15:34
Because it is a forum maybe? :ugh: