PDA

View Full Version : British justice is pathetic !

AlpineSkier
10th Feb 2013, 14:36
Dramatic moment gang of youths wrench mobile and tablets from phone shop on ransacking spree | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276462/Dramatic-moment-gang-youths-wrench-mobile-tablets-phone-shop-ransacking-spree.html#axzz2KVgv40dv)

A dozen 17-18 year olds, all black or immigrants, raid 45 phone shops within 12 weeks , stealing more than £ 100,000 of goods.

The report is not clear but it seems that so far five have been jailed for max 18 months and four with suspended sentences. I don't know sentencing policy, but here you have multiple offences over a long period of time , with physical endangerment ( people in shops get knocked about ). If I were there , all these criminal scumbags would get 3-5 years and deportation for any who came anywhere near the statutes, with extra money bein g spent to assure that where necessary..

According to the doctrine of criminal justice that I would like to see enacted, they would get 10 -15 points on the scale of 50 points gets you the government-sponsored 7.62 mm in the back of the head

Dushan
10th Feb 2013, 14:58
British legal system is pathettic.

Ther, I fixed it for you. It is no longer a justice system, there is nothing just about it. It is legal system allowing lawyers to play games and get these scumbags off and judges giving them a chance to "turn their lives around" as in committ another crime.

Rant end!

Tableview
10th Feb 2013, 15:06
Police powers curtailed, laws changed to favour the 'ethnic minorities' (which aren't minorities any more), prisons overcrowded, EU doesn't allow easy deportation etc etc.

Let's now wait for the 'usual suspects' to appear.

G&T ice n slice
10th Feb 2013, 15:53
left-wing pinko commie liberal hand-wringing appologist writes

I know these kids, I know their backgrounds, I know the severe deprivation of the areas they are forced to live in

drivel continues on page 94

skydiver69
10th Feb 2013, 16:10
Inspector Gadget agrees and so do most of his readers.

36 weeks in jail for Gang who ‘steamed’ 45 shops. « POLICE INSPECTOR BLOG (http://inspectorgadget.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/36-weeks-in-jail-for-gang-who-steamed-45-shops/)

'Justice' like this will only get worse as the government closes up to 5000 prison places during the next two years whilst starting to talk about opening one new prison with 2000 places as a replacement. If and when that prison goes online there will still be a net loss of 3000 places so you can expect a lot more short or suspended sentences as well as community punishments.

We recently had a well known burglar arrested, charged and remanded to Mags court. He was on a 6 week suspended sentence for burglary but the mag didn't even activate that sentence for the new offence and instead gave him an additional 4 week suspended sentence. That will tell him...I bet he's quaking in his boots now.

SASless
10th Feb 2013, 16:10
Law is administered in Court.....Justice is administered with a Cricket Bat.

sitigeltfel
10th Feb 2013, 16:12
I always understood that the phones on display were dummies that could not function. If that is the case, then those scrotes are more stupid than I thought.

skydiver69
10th Feb 2013, 16:19
One well known shop selling expensive tech has real phones on display. These can be tracked and disabled if stolen, but people still go out stealing them. The same shop also has very poor CCTV and security!

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Feb 2013, 16:44
We'll have to wait until they do a shop in Kensington and slap an MP's daughter about before anything is done.......

skydiver69
10th Feb 2013, 16:56
We'll have to wait until they do a shop in Kensington and slap an MP's daughter about before anything is done.......

Funny you should say that because when a Mag's house was burgled and her purse stolen, the offender was jailed for 2 years in jail. Still he'll be out in 12 months with good behaviour.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Feb 2013, 17:17
Not odd, I used to know two Magistrates.

Offroad motorcycling is done by oiks and so is heavily regulated. Horse riding is done by MP's daughters (and MPs, MP's rich friends, etc) and although it is more dangerous it is largely unregulated. The motorcycles also cause a lot less damage to paths, etc.

cavortingcheetah
10th Feb 2013, 17:20
Shopkeepers should be allowed to have sawn off shotguns?

Sunnyjohn
10th Feb 2013, 17:27
Spain is just as bad. Recently a driver took his car the wrong way up a carriageway, hit a car and killed the two occupants. The judge gave him five years but revoked the sentence after hearing that he might have had an epileptic fit. To the credit of the Spanish, this has caused outrage with several thousand signatures asking for the original sentence to be enacted.

radeng
10th Feb 2013, 19:40
Banging them up in jail costs too much.

Six dozen with a cat o' nine tails in public would be a much better deterrent. Soak the cat in brine first, then keep them awake with buckets of cold brine.

A good deterrent.

stuckgear
10th Feb 2013, 19:51
serial thief has been sent to prison after clocking up her 182nd criminal conviction.
Despite having been given repeated chances to keep out of trouble, Claire MacGarva has persistently re-offended.

The 32-year-old even embarked on a crime spree just two weeks after she was spared prison, stealing a computer and raiding high street shops for more than £400 worth of goods

182 convictions... 182 convictions.. that's convictions not arrests..before she finally gets a custodial sentence..

Serial thief finally jailed after being convicted of 182nd crime | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2276618/Serial-thief-finally-jailed-convicted-182nd-crime.html#axzz2Jy9ifUo9)

of course, cue the huggy fluffs.. she wasn't toilet trained properly as a child.. it's society's fault etc etc ad nauseum..

Rail Engineer
10th Feb 2013, 20:08
Six dozen with a cat o' nine tails in public would be a much better deterrent. Soak the cat in brine first, then keep them awake with buckets of cold brine.

A good deterrent.Proof that the old ways did have some benefits compared with today's "liberal" world. Unfortunately there is no modern day equivalent to the Antipodes.

One wonders if it would be possible to reach a concord with the Taliban to set up and run jails for us in their natural homeland, where the attitudes of ne'er do wells and scrotes could, shall we say, be changed. :E

That would be far more lucrative to them than selling us drugs, and keep then occupied from the promotion of the universal Kaliph.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
10th Feb 2013, 20:23
Your thoughts on justice over here?

15-year old Tim Hortons robber given 12 months in jail | peicanada.com - news that matters to prince edward island (http://peicanada.com/eastern_graphic/publication/15_year_old_tim_hortons_robber_given_12_months_jail)

We have the benefit that the bad 'uns are usually pretty stupid; e.g.

Man dives into Skinners Pond twice to escape police - Local - The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/Local/2013-02-03/article-3169599/Man-dives-into-Skinners-Pond-twice-to-escape-police/1)

Also, the judges are much more likely to have multiple offence sentences run consecutively, rather than concurrently.

vulcanised
10th Feb 2013, 21:26
That's a good point. Fox3!

I can't recall ever seing sentences being applied consecutively.

AlpineSkier
10th Feb 2013, 21:31
It hqppens; but not frequently:

radeng
11th Feb 2013, 08:58
In the UK, far too INfrequently.

Blacksheep
11th Feb 2013, 09:24
On the news reports this morning we were informed that of 200 foreigners charged and convicted of participating in riots all over the country, after a gun-toting gangster was shot dead by police, only 15 have been deported. The rest cannot be deported, apparently because it would infringe their human rights. [Noted: That we citizens of the United Kingdom have no human right to be protected from rioting foreigners.]

In every foreign country (eight altogether) in which I have worked over the past forty years, deportation would be automatic upon release from custody for any indictable criminal offence.

galaxy flyer
11th Feb 2013, 14:37
During our recent "historic" storm in the New England, coppers chase two men who recently robbed a convenience store (at 10pm, in a blizzard where roads were officially closed!). One perp decides lose the cops by jumping off a bridge over the frozen Connecticut River. Cops decided the weather was too bad to attempt a rescue. That's Darwin Award material!

GF

Ex Cargo Clown
12th Feb 2013, 09:34
We had a very well known "professional" burglar around here, did my house twice. Police decided to raid his flat during a party, and oddly enough he "fell" through a bathroom window and broke his neck. Now that's justice. And by fell I probably mean thrown.....