PDA

View Full Version : JAR ATPL Ground Sittings

Joaquín
18th Jul 2001, 22:59
Someone asked me the following question today. After sitting the first 7 subjects of the JAR ATPL ground exams, this person failed them all :( , and wants to know if the possibility exists of starting all over from "fresh" (not taking into account this sitting). Another one managed to pass one of them, but he would also be happy to sit it again if it means a fresh start.

Can anybody give an answer or direct me to the appropriate place to look for it.

Thanks

clear prop!!!
18th Jul 2001, 23:58
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/ohwell.gif Bad luck!

As far as I am aware the option to 'wipe the slate clean' was only available for the early disaterous sittings. I think you'll find that it was withdrawn last year at the same time as the marking ajustment system and the free firt re-sit.

You should find the definitive somewhere on the CAA web site : www.srg.caa.co.uk (http://www.srg.caa.co.uk)

good luck

[ 18 July 2001: Message edited by: clear prop!!! ]

18greens
19th Jul 2001, 15:57
I thought the clock only started ticking from the first pass.

You or your friend will be starting with a clean slate.

Good luck.

Flandan
19th Jul 2001, 17:21
Think Clear Prop's right. Certain that rule about starting from scratch no longer stands. The 18 month time limit does indeed start from the date of your first pass, but my understanding is the sitting this person's had, even though they failed the seven papers, still counts as a sitting. You've got four attempts at each paper, and they've all got to be passed within six sittings. Check with the CAA though for chapter and verse on this.

Best of luck.

Dick Whittingham
21st Jul 2001, 18:04
I am on the same search as Joaquin, and can say that the 18 months srarts from the end of the calendar month in which the first attempt was made, not the first pass. Most of the info is in Policy Update - 1 July 2001 on the CAA/SRG/FCL/PLD web site. I think we have to check in with the CAA.