PDA

View Full Version : Cant use my Outlook address book.

magpienja
9th Feb 2013, 18:47
I use outlook for my email with XP....just tried to send an email to somebody from the outlook address book without success,

It flashes up a message as follows,

"The address book could not locate an email client that it could invoke"

"The address book uses the simple MAPI protocol to send mail if your email client provides an option to let you handle simple MAPI calls please turn it on from the email client and try again"

The above means nothing to me...anybody any ideas,

This morning I did uninstalled a later version of MS office that my daughter installed a few months ago...it was a trial version...that req paying for so I deleted it to use the older version I have on the same PC...I wonder if this could be related.

Nick.

Milo Minderbinder
9th Feb 2013, 19:33
assuming WinXP

go
start > control panel > internet options > programs
then ensure that "e-mail" "calendar" and "contact list" are all set to "Microsoft Office Outlook"
If that fails to cure the problem, or Outlook isn't available as a selection then a reinstallation (or possibly a repair installation) will be required

However theres a good chance that ripping out the newer version may have damaged the older, making reinstallation neccesary.
It doesn't always happen, but multiple versions of Office can have funny complications in the registry

magpienja
9th Feb 2013, 19:46
Fantastic thank you so much....it was the contacts list that was blank,

I added address book and hey presto....I wonder how that happened,

The calender box is blank though with no option to choose...does that matter,

Thanks again.

Nick.

Milo Minderbinder
9th Feb 2013, 19:49
not really - unless you want to use the calendar
not many do outside of the office

magpienja