PDA

View Full Version : Korean Air

capt.topgun
7th Feb 2013, 15:44
Heard only nasty things about Korean :sad:. Anyone out there wants to surprise me? :E

A lot of work would have mended CRM ways there.....Waiting for the good news, if any :ok:

jumbojet
7th Feb 2013, 16:06
I wouldn't hold your breath if I was you!!

capt.topgun
9th Feb 2013, 15:25
What's been written about screening and training is pretty much true. It will not be a pleasant experience.

Seems you've gone thru the grind. Nicely summed up there, hang ups certainly spoil the party :D. "While in Korea do as the Koreans do" shud do the trick.....

Thanks guys......:ok:

RTO
10th Feb 2013, 12:20
when they let you go after 4 months of training, right after your currency on previous aircraft lapses.
This here should be good enough reason not to touch them, Gives me the impression that they strive to destroy your career.

The Dominican
10th Feb 2013, 13:21
Can somebody comment on how good/bad/ugly? Is the medical insurance coverage for families in the US? is there any additional premiums you need to pay for family coverage? Medical insurance cost in the US are getting just plain stupid:ugh:

The Dominican
13th Feb 2013, 01:18
Anyone.........?

Poster
18th Feb 2013, 22:13
Enough has been written about this outfit.

IT IS ALL TRUE! KAL is not a fair opportunity for a professional Pilot.

The screening is a joke, the simulator evaluation is done by somebody that doesn't want you there...that is how this journey starts. The medical is stupid, you are expected to match the blood test results of a 21 year old Korean man.

The training is extremely long and you have to stay as a prisoner in Korea for 4 months if you are type rated or 5 months if you are not.

I have seen with my own eyes people sent back home at the end of this long period for unacceptable, sometime made up reasons and personal agendas.

Please stop asking about medical insurances, travel benefits and commuting options and ask yourselves...is it worth taking the risk?

And how will explain your Family that after all the years of working as a professional and safe Pilot all of the sudden these racist, mediocre and inexperience individuals decide you are not good enough because you said check instead of crosscheck!

Unbelievable!

Oh, and if you were lucky to make it through. Better learn to live with secret reporting by the copilots and the unscheduled checks by the spy team. Everything works based on fear and pressure.

Is it worth taking the risk?

The Dominican
19th Feb 2013, 06:23
Got it.......! We are all aware of your opinions about KAL since 11 out of 13 posts are about the same thing.

Now, if someone is kind enough to answer the simple question about the insurance it will be appreciated.

VORDME2
19th Feb 2013, 06:36
Insurance are done via the agency not KAL.Up to you to take it or not.Good or not good, all depend of your personal situation.

Joe le Taxi
25th Feb 2013, 14:10
Come again?! :confused:

The Dominican
28th Feb 2013, 12:40
I know is the agency that supplies the insurance, thanks. Anyone living in the US with first hand experience with the insurance for families (CCL is advertising family coverage for $156) is this correct? How good, bad is the coverage?

Big Pistons Forever
28th Feb 2013, 16:37
My buddy is a contract pilot in the US. He pays $16,700 year for a basic package to cover a family of 4.

cediazf
1st Mar 2013, 12:44
There are a lot of restrictions for US residents or citizens residing in the US to get health insurance through the international companies mentioned in the agencies. My advice is to try to secure medical coverage for you and your family in the US on your own. Then contract travel insurance for the period you will be away from home every time. I do it online. But being fairly new here I would love to hear other opinions in case I am missing something as well.