PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Inspector

blackhand
6th Feb 2013, 22:21
It appears that the only aircraft inspector in the NT has been a naughty boy.
Page 3 NT news explains

VH-XXX
6th Feb 2013, 22:28
Got a web link or do the NT only do paper versions?

Old Akro
7th Feb 2013, 01:12
NT News does FB, "twitter" & online. Some items only run in the printred version, however. I can't find it.

Territory News | NT News | Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia | ntnews.com.au (http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/)

CoodaShooda
7th Feb 2013, 01:37
In essence, DITS's local inspector has allegedly failed to maintain his own accreditation and has been signing off component checks for the past 2 years "without authority".

Affected aircraft were grounded on Monday and are being progressively returned to service as they are checked by "authorised" persons.

Aircraft affected include Dash 8, Beech 1900, Embraer 120 and Cessna 400 series.

The Mentalist
7th Feb 2013, 06:29
Seems after 4 years the ****hole is still the same. All you wanna be "pilots" are better off getting or keeping current job and save your money than "go north". On the other hand if you want to burn money a fireplace is warmer!!!!! No sour grapes just fed up with the industry and where it is going. The "Airlines" are going the same way as the flow on affect of idiots working for nothing or close to it have fcuked it.

weighman
7th Feb 2013, 14:45
Reweighs are done in Darwin by someone who doesn't have WCA.
Signed off by someone in Brisbane. CASA condone that?....

my oleo is extended
7th Feb 2013, 22:00
The Inspectors silliness won't reflect negatively on Fort Fumble. He will be hung drawn and quartered while FF wash their hands clean and free from blame.
Maybe DRW FF needs Herr Campbell to return with the jackboots and giant whip?? Get that silly NT attitude back into line and create compliant, safe and robust skies?

On a serious note, Hardys, Alligator, Barrier , dodgy Inspectors, the former Transair.......is there something in the water up North? Is it the heat? Are all the purported issues correct, and if so, what in reality are FF doing about all this? Oh I forgot, 'out of sight out of mind'! FF up north don't earn in frequent flyers points surveilling these operators.

blackhand
7th Feb 2013, 23:06
MOIE
Perhaps if someone carried out their third party audits correctly, the lapsed NDT certificate would have been picked up by the aircraft operator two years ago.

thorn bird
8th Feb 2013, 04:30
Perhaps if we didn't have inane "World Class" maintenance reg's it wouldn't have happened either.

Aussie Bob
8th Feb 2013, 04:59
I am not throwing any support towards CASA here but perhaps if we put more importance on capabilities rather than paper qualifications the world would be a better place.

blackhand
8th Feb 2013, 05:22
AussieBob, as I understand it, the NDT certification is only issued to those that are qualified, and then they append their name and cert number on the NDT report. Must be different in your world.

Aussie Bob
8th Feb 2013, 06:44
But Blackhand, as I read this thread, (and I have no other info) his accreditation had lapsed, but presumably not his skills. From this thread only, it would appear to be a paperwork issue. Correct me if I am wrong.

blackhand
8th Feb 2013, 07:28
Aussiebob
yea fair enough mate.
Old argument that we will never win with CASA, although I remember a magistrate rulng way back that an accidently lapsed AME licence doesn't make the LAME incompetent.
Fortunately AME licences are now perpetual, but authorities like the NDT are reassessed two yearly.

Socket
8th Feb 2013, 08:46
Doesn't make him competent either Blackie.

rutan around
8th Feb 2013, 08:49
Same should apply for ASIC .It should perpetual or do we become terrorists the day after 1 year and 11months expires?