PDA

View Full Version : SYD RWY 16R ILS

sunnySA
6th Feb 2013, 08:32
Works on the RWY 16R ILS commence on 18-February, 2013 (until 19-March).

Be advised that when instrument approaches are required for RWY 16R then the RNAV-Z (GNSS) will be the default, a VOR approach to RWY 16R or RWY 16L ILS (for suitable aircraft) would be the other option.

Depending on the weather conditions and cloud base, delays to inbound traffic may occur due to a 50% increase in the separation standards that apply to parallel runway operations when both ILS aren't available, that is, 3nm between traffic on the adjacent runway (rather than 2nm). Arrival rates will be adjusted to reflect this reduced capacity.

neville_nobody
6th Feb 2013, 10:16
Yeah you'll be looking at 30+ mins during peak hour. I remember when works were on 34R a few years ago and some heavy rain during the early morning peak caused mayhem. Guys couldn't get visual off the RNAV, Indefinite holding, single runway ops, diversions everywhere, Int'l airline captains firing up on the radio, good times!!:ok:

Are they doing something constructive for the industry, like installing a CAT III ILS?

regitaekilthgiwt
6th Feb 2013, 10:27
Why does it take a month each time they work on an ILS? Flying overseas I don't remember seeing somewhere like London, Hong Kong or Singapore having an ILS notamed out for over a month. Is it a money thing?

DirectAnywhere
6th Feb 2013, 10:41
Three and half weeks for the WH+S nazis to ensure the site is safe, implement a traffic management plan for the two utes a day they're expecting at the localiser building, install the appropriate number of cones and hi-vis vests and three days to do the actual work. Welcome to Oz!!

neville_nobody
6th Feb 2013, 11:05
Not to mention the 7 hours every day they have where the aerodrome is shutdown.......

Altimeters
6th Feb 2013, 11:07
Neville Nobody wrote:
Are they doing something constructive for the industry, like installing a CAT III ILS?

From memory I thought I saw something about it being upgraded to CAT II?

Silverado
6th Feb 2013, 11:58
Not to mention the 7 hours every day they have where the aerodrome is shutdown.......

Really? Shutdown?

goodonyamate
6th Feb 2013, 16:05
Three and half weeks for the WH+S nazis to ensure the site is safe, implement a traffic management plan for the two utes a day they're expecting at the localiser building, install the appropriate number of cones and hi-vis vests and three days to do the actual work. Welcome to Oz!!

dont forget the aussie tradition of a 10 am sign on, 3pm sign off, 1 hr for lunch, 1 hour of phone 'meetings' and two 'smoko's' a day, bringing the total time of effective work to about 90 mins.....:ugh:

Tidbinbilla
6th Feb 2013, 16:37
When Pprune fails, check your notams:)