PDA

View Full Version : I do so love posting on JB at 3am...

airship
6th Feb 2013, 01:50
It's so quiet (apart from the Mistral blowing outside). At my leisure, I choose which threads I'm going to reply to (some of which I would not have bothered with during a normal day). I gradually watch many threads "last poster = airship" accumulating on page 1.

And then someone posts a reply (can you believe that, this early in the morning when all good people should be "asleep in their beds peacefully, thanks to all those folks who do all the dirty work in our names, thereby enabling us to do so..."), to which you must reply. Otherwise, how else would you be able to go to bed / sleep? :confused:

A A Gruntpuddock
6th Feb 2013, 01:55
How very true!

Lon More
6th Feb 2013, 01:56
I gradually watch many threads "last poster = airship" accumulating on page 1.

Used to be a "competition" to do that. The winner usually received a week in the sin bin.

500N
6th Feb 2013, 02:04
airship

I remember logging onto a forum one night at about 1 - 3 am
and this bloke had started a whole load of threads with the
subject title as the letters of the alphabet. And that was it.
26 new threads, all from one person !

I looked at them, thought, he must be pissed and left him to it.

Anyway, next morning, all the threads had been deleted except
for a new thread from him offering an apology.

No one knew what he was talking about so I posted what I saw
- and that just left him to it, no harm done !!!

So you have 26 threads with your name on them
to beat :O

-

airship
6th Feb 2013, 02:09
You're right ATCO. But in the goude olde days, we could also go into the chat-room on an evening and communicate with most of the JB mods. Somehow persuading them that we were not really evil persons. So being put in the sin-bin for just a day or 2 was more common, compared to the 3-6 month bans handed out today. But you were never prone to taking risks I believe, in view of your occupation and Aunt Mary's... ;)

Lon More
6th Feb 2013, 02:16
you were never prone to taking risks I believe, in view of your occupation and Aunt Mary's...

tell that to the mods :ouch:

ORAC
6th Feb 2013, 04:02
But you were never prone to taking risks I believe, in view of your occupation and Aunt Mary's... Not sure pilots really appreciated it when I reassured them that I'd never lost a controller yet. :8

Takan Inchovit
6th Feb 2013, 04:50
this bloke had started a whole load of threads with the
subject title as the letters of the alphabet

I believe the letters became re-arranged to form an unsavoury word. (or savoury if that was ones diet).

sitigeltfel
6th Feb 2013, 05:07
It's so quiet (apart from the Mistral blowing outside).

Mistral! What Mistral? :confused:

KAG
6th Feb 2013, 06:01
The one from les "Lettres de mon moulin" on JB ;)

wiggy
6th Feb 2013, 06:05
Mistral! What Mistral?

You wait.....if you get this AM what we had last night ,300 km to the west of you, all your local donkeys will need new ears ;).

sisemen
6th Feb 2013, 06:17
And then someone posts a reply (can you believe that, this early in the morning when all good people should be "asleep in their beds peacefull

Now this may well come as a complete revelation to you Airship but, because the world is round it is split into 24 one hour periods. This means that when it is 0200 to you then it is 1400 to somebody else and, as this web site is global, it is not too hard to image someone sitting at the computer at their 2200 when it is your 0300.

As Jimmy Buffet said - "It's 5 o'clock somewhere - let's have a margarita"

Loose rivets
6th Feb 2013, 07:18
It's 02:17 here.

Thought you'd like to know that.

Oh, bugggah! It's 02:18 now.

Hokulea
6th Feb 2013, 07:39
Even the pubs haven't closed here yet. Oh wait, it's gone 9pm hasn't it? I was wondering where everyone went.

MagnusP
6th Feb 2013, 07:56
Mutter, mutter, never been the same since Fiasco's closed, Hokulea.

Hokulea
6th Feb 2013, 08:13
And to think - just today I was just trying to remember the name of Fiasco's landlord and couldn't do it. This place hasn't been the same, financially or socially, since that place closed almost 15 years ago. Mutter mutter whine moan whinge...

Was it Ken?

MagnusP
6th Feb 2013, 08:48
There was a Ken that ran Shooters and, of course, there was KHOP behind Fiasco's. Dave Laird works here, so I'll try to remember to ask him.

Fliegenmong
6th Feb 2013, 08:57
As Jimmy Buffet said - "It's 5 o'clock somewhere - let's have a margarita"

Amen to that Sisey !! :ok:

Fliegenmong
6th Feb 2013, 08:57
A............discuss....

Hokulea
6th Feb 2013, 09:17
Magnus - I've just found out that apparently there are a couple of people here who actually have email, so am going to take a big risk and ask them about Fiasco's. I suspect these are modern folk though and are unlikely to have been on the island back then.

In the meantime, if you meet Dave, please say hi to him from me and sorry about the Steelers' performance this year.

Hokulea
6th Feb 2013, 09:23
Magnus, it just hit me. Landlord was "Pat". Ring a bell?

MagnusP
6th Feb 2013, 09:40
Hokulea, It might be. I saw Dave this morning, and he's putting his mind to it. I'll run that suggestion past him.

Slasher
11th Feb 2013, 07:13
I sometimes post at 3am as a wake-up exercise before heading off to work - and
sometimes I do so the missus can't suddenly sneak up and see what I'm posting!

probes
11th Feb 2013, 07:28
And you post it milk-inked so she can't see you've been ba-a-d when checking on you at 5? :E

Slasher
11th Feb 2013, 08:27
Whenever the missus wants me to stop using the
puter she simply stands in the doorway doing this -

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/board/download/file.php?avatar=12962.gif

Works every time!

Fliegenmong
11th Feb 2013, 16:08
03:00 here right now........went to bed around 10 slept till about 1:30, been tossing & turning ever since....the I remembered this thread and thought it worthwhile getting up to type that I most certainly DO NOT enjoy posting at 03:00!!!! I wish I could sleep like a normal person!!!:{

Ancient Observer
11th Feb 2013, 16:13
How does a normal person sleep?

Not that anyone on JB would want to be called normal..............

Slasher
11th Feb 2013, 17:41
been tossing & turning ever since

Tossing won't help you get back to sleep Flieg...try shagging someone instead! ;)

racedo
11th Feb 2013, 18:19
Slasher

Has the "Bird is the Word" song died a death in the household ?

Slasher
11th Feb 2013, 18:23
Hmm.....sort of. Its now included in the missus's permanent
playlist when she feels like pounding the living room carpet.

rgbrock1
11th Feb 2013, 18:27
pounding the living room carpet?

Wouldn't it be easier, and more efficient, do do so with a vacuum cleaner? Probably does a more thorough job too, no? :}:}:}

Sunnyjohn
11th Feb 2013, 18:29
How does a normal person sleep?
Not such a strange question apparently.
This is from Yahoo Answers:
How to sleep like normal people do?
ok you might say this is silly but it's not! really!
i can't sleep like normal people!
when i go to bed i close my eyes for a loong time but i just can't get to sleep!
i once went camping with my friends, at night everyone went to sleep except t
for me i just can't sleep fast! or normal!
normal people sleep when their head hits the pillow!
but i take like 3 hours to get to sleep! serousily! i can't sleep right!
and when i sleep in a school night i ALWAYS! wake up at 2:30 a.m or 3:00 a.m in the morning!!
but sometimes i go back to sleep but sometimes i don't cuz i'm scared that if i sleep now i will miss school! so i stay up late! and then at school i'm really tired or i sleep in one of my classes!
this sucks! how can i sleep normally!?
There are a number of answers to your question AO, just go to Yahoo Answers and put in your question.