PDA

View Full Version : Silo Demolition - Sledgehammer Style!!

jethro15
5th Feb 2013, 20:47
Or...They walk amongst us..........

Biertijd.com // Media Silo Demolition Sledgehammer Style (http://biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid=38970)

Ancient Mariner
5th Feb 2013, 20:51
Brave man, cunning man. Respect!
Per

con-pilot
5th Feb 2013, 21:08
Well, the silo did land where it was supposed to. Got to give them credit for that.

west lakes
5th Feb 2013, 21:20
Obviously he's never seen Fred Dibnah in action!

Fred Dibnah... fells a factory chimney! - YouTube

Noah Zark.
5th Feb 2013, 21:37
Quote:- "It kinda hung there in the air for a while!"
Sure, it did! :ugh:

Low Flier
5th Feb 2013, 23:29
Then there's the Murricane way of doing the same thing:

Silo annihilated with ak-47!!! - YouTube

500N
5th Feb 2013, 23:49
That last one looks to me like they stuffed up the demolition
and decided to knock a few more bricks out with the AK.

dead_pan
6th Feb 2013, 08:15
Brave man, cunning man. Respect!

Foolhardy man - it would only have taken one piece of concrete to land on his thick skull for this to have ended in disaster (did I see blood running down his neck?).

Spitoon
6th Feb 2013, 08:39
Natural selection will take care of him one day or another.

El Grifo
6th Feb 2013, 08:43
Yep ! really foolhardy. Lucky to be alive really :eek:

500N
6th Feb 2013, 08:48
"Natural selection will take care of him one day or another."

A certain candidate for a Darwin award, that is for sure !

603DX
6th Feb 2013, 10:22
I would place the gentleman with the sledgehammer right alongside the base jumpers, bungee jumpers, and wingsuit mountain slope skimmers, on the risk scale. He is fortunate to have survived after progressively weakening one section, whilst progressively sending compressive stresses soaring on the sections he was standing right next to. The almost explosive local compressive failure at the end was uncontrolled, but hardly unexpected, and put him at maximum risk of injury or death. I hope he realises that, and is never daft enough to attempt it again. Fred Dibnah would never have stayed so close when failure was so obviously imminent, and hence survived many such demolitions without a scratch!

However, there was some humour in the video, mainly in the shocked hysterical laughter of the participants at the end.

A little bit more humour in this clip of a number of better organised and controlled demolitions. The brief night time demolition scene of cooling towers falling was recorded alongside the double-decked Tinsley Viaduct near Sheffield, which carries the M1 motorway on one level, and an A class trunk road beneath it. Imagine the traffic chaos that would have resulted if either of the towers had fallen across this vital traffic route!

Collapsing Cooling Towers at Kontraband (http://www.kontraband.com/videos/30212/Collapsing-Cooling-Towers/)