PDA

View Full Version : EK sponsor for F1

glofish
5th Feb 2013, 06:52
Emirates sponsors the Formula1 tour for 2013. :ok:

I just can't wait to see a EK whale flying over the Yas circuit ..... or will the EK-signs be banned for that one race? Or will the whale fly in tandem with the 346 from Emptyhad?

Looking forward to the branding contest of the dishdashs in Abu Dhabi.

(At least on PP the EK brand has already won, as the other one can not be mentioned)

Jet II
5th Feb 2013, 14:05
Abu Dhabi (along with Melbourne, Bahrain and Monaco) are not included in the deal due to previous branding deals.

canadansk
5th Feb 2013, 14:57
There goes the profit share. :ugh:

Craggenmore
5th Feb 2013, 16:59
There goes the profit share.

The Dubai airline on Tuesday announced a five-year sponsorship deal with Formula One – rumoured to be worth in the region of $200m – to become a global partner with the sport.

Emirates F1 team would be "natural thing to do" - Ecclestone - Sport - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/emirates-f1-team-would-be-natural-thing-do-ecclestone-488369.html)

Only $40 million per year and could make the airline more profitable in the future!

springbok449
5th Feb 2013, 17:52
Melbourne? Really? I thought Emirates had pretty much taken Quantas over... Or have I totally mis-understood this "partnership"?

falconeasydriver
6th Feb 2013, 10:28
Well we do seem to carry quite a few F1 cars around on the 777F, including allegedly, top secret not for public consumption prototypes....which I can neither confirm or deny :8

Wizofoz
6th Feb 2013, 10:57
There goes the profit share.

Yeah- everyone KNOWS advertising and marketing are a complete waste of money....:rolleyes:

fatbus
6th Feb 2013, 11:34
Wiz , long term yes short term no. I think it's safe to say 200 mil less profit for this year's ever decreasing profit share.

Might as well start now , my guess is 3-5 weeks

Wizofoz
6th Feb 2013, 11:36
But how wuch of what we get THIS year is the result of marketing in PREVIOUS years?

...And what has led you to believe it's "Ever decreasing"?