PDA

View Full Version : Private flying course in Caribbean

sdamazo
4th Feb 2013, 01:15
Hello

I've been reading past messages to get the info I want but they are not updated. Could anyone possibly inform if there is a good school in this area with a reasonable price? If not, what about in US?

Regards

Shirley Damazo

Juliet_Piper
4th Feb 2013, 12:21
Hi

I was looking in that area to learn as was posted there for a while. There didnt seem too many options and the planes were a bit battered.. Go to southern Florida - most of the schools there charge about the same - the rtes are very good and the planes and the facilities are usually tip top

Juliet

stealth114
12th Feb 2013, 18:33
PM me and I can be of some assistance.. Thanks.. ;)

Ebbie 2003
19th Feb 2013, 22:15
There are several schools on the French islands they do JAA licences.

PR has FAA licence schools.

There is flight training in Trinidad - not sure of contact details.

Barbados has Coconut Airways and maybe the Light Aeroplane Club will start training again soon.

Overall though if you can afford the time and cost Florida is probably the best idea but fly out of a busy airport with complex airspace. I did my training at North Perry very busy, four runways, very complicated airspace - everything since has seemed very easy and relaxed.

There is more flight training providers needed on the islands giving opportunities to more people who cannot afford an overseas course but can if they are working on their home island and doing training over a year or more.

Governments in the region should be more supportive of GA and training generally.

island and doing training over a c