PDA

View Full Version : Becoming an airline pilote ?

Spirovsk
3rd Feb 2013, 10:09
Hello everyone !
I am very interested in becoming an airline pilot ! and I have been looking for answers for my questions !
So what I understood is : I first need to have ATP licence , but what I don't understand is , how can I get employed with only this licence and no experience ? I have been readeing about people having 500 hours on a specific type but having trouble to find a job ! this made me wonder : how can i get a specific type rating ? i apply for a airline company and they train me on a specific type ? but what will make a company spend money on me ? just become i have a ATP licence ? can you please explain to me what happens after having the ATP licence ?

Thank you

fungi
3rd Feb 2013, 10:48
Hi mate.
Heaving fATPL nowadays means nothing I'm affraid. In Europe at least, you need to spend another x0k EUR for a type Rating. And Even with that, if you have no experience ( total time ), Airlines will NOT give you a job. BUT, i heard, that AVIATION market looks like sinusoid: and every 10 years we have a good times. Those years finish on 6: 1986, 1996, 2006, .... 2016?... I have a hope, in the meantime need to get some hours: air taxi, parahuters, towing the gliders etc...
Good luck, and if you Love flying, just go for it, and don't think so much ahead. 1 month ahead is good ;)

Sovi3tskiy
3rd Feb 2013, 11:34
Dont get to bogged down reading this forum, often it will discourage you to much as there is more negative news then positive... Yes you got to look truth in the eyes but you live once so do what you enjoy, or try your hardest to do what you enjoy. In any career there are no guarantees of getting a job, secret of success is simple "right place, right time". Becoming a pilot is no easy job, hard work, in my experience its not so grim, some guys dont get anywhere and some do... To say you havent got a chance is not true...

Pilot work conditions and what you get in the end is another story! Look at all the factors of being a pilot, family life is a big issue often, decide if this is really your dream, if so then go for it... Be the best you can be!

Halfwayback
3rd Feb 2013, 12:07
Spirovsk, welcome to the Wannabee forums

Can I suggest that you spend a little time reading the threads here and using the Search function? You will find that most of your questions have been asked and answered a number of times before.

Good luck with your research

HWB