PDA

View Full Version : British Airways Groper (merged)

adsyj
3rd Feb 2013, 09:57
Woman is groped by tipsy British Airways pilot | The Sun |News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4775941/Woman-is-groped-by-tipsy-British-Airways-pilot.html)

I'm tipping this bloke needs some help before he, if ever sits in a Pilots seat again.

Contact Approach
3rd Feb 2013, 10:15
What a LAD!!

Narrow Runway
3rd Feb 2013, 10:22
Excellent.

What a way to go.

probes
3rd Feb 2013, 10:32
So, what's the news then - that a pilot was tipsy, or that a pilot groped someone (a woman)? Don't pilots do that, as a rule?
:ouch: - just asking, remember?!

Anyway, hope none of the resident JBers was involved.
:ouch:

probes
3rd Feb 2013, 11:27
Basil!! You're twisting my words (twisted are the minds...)
What I meant was: most men do, pilots are men mostly, so... :=

StressFree
3rd Feb 2013, 11:35
Fantastic, good skills, instant promotion......

But does he really earn £100,000 as a BA First Officer?

Lon More
3rd Feb 2013, 11:35
pilots are men mostly,

googoo "Caroline Paige" or "Roberta Cowell"

probes
3rd Feb 2013, 11:44
mostly, Lon, mostly!
mostly - definition of mostly by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia. (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/mostly)

KAG
3rd Feb 2013, 11:57
He punched a stewart in the face last summer and was never fired?
Mental troubles plus alcool... Well done with the hiring process BA.

airship
3rd Feb 2013, 12:25
Does anyone know when exactly these purported events actually took place? Only, last Friday evening, I found myself in a bar where a wake / commemoration / celebration for someone in my own industry who had recently died. I didn't know the person involved from Adam & Eve etc...

However, I managed to somehow lose my balance on the way back from having a pee, and fall onto the wall-mounted commemoration plaque / poster around which quite a few of those who actually knew the defunct were gathered and garnishing..?! "Sorry everyone", I said, "I just lost my balance for a few seconds there" No damage done. Though the heavy-set Irishman with whom I'd been conversing with for over 2 hours, perhaps self-appointed bouncer "of no fixed abode" paid me more "attention" afterwards than I've been used to in recent times as a 52 year old.

I never attempted to caress any breasts etc., though there were quite a few on offer I believe. I was merely content to snigger to myself when I saw my work colleague (10 years my junior) "pick up" a female who in most of the 1st world would probably be benefitting from an old-age pension (but with a body to die for)...?!

That's when I left the danger zone (after the bar's flashing lights and opening-up the bar's terrace to the cold and wintry wind - bar closing imminently). Left my colleague to his own devices and OAP (though I did try for 5 minutes...). Whatever, got home, threw my jeans and other dirty laundry into the washing machine. Together with wallet containing UK driving licence issued in 1979 and EUR 15 of currency. Started it, went off to bed. Woke up yesterday on Saturday morning after a long lie-in until about 11am. Posted on JB. Then tried to play the lotto on line, "not enough credit", so went off to fetch my wallet which was not on the shelf where it usually is to be found...

Whoever died and whose wake I inadvertedly attended - hope you're laughing all the way up (or down), and RIP...?! :ok:

And why I asked about when exactly the events concerning the BA pilot occured. Because I suspect there might have been some form of small fracture in the Galactical time / frame / event continium lasting just a few hours last Friday evening CET (Tony D. will know what I'm on about) and which probably also affected others like this BA pilot and myself. Please feel free to add your own experiences last Friday evening...

Sunnyjohn
3rd Feb 2013, 12:31
Funny - when I clicked on the link I was expecting the Daily Fail. Missed out on that one, didn't they . . .

Davaar
3rd Feb 2013, 13:39
Opportunity here for Proverbs: "Let the cobbler stick to his last", although that one was used up years ago, in "She was only a cobbler's daughter when first he saw her last". Different cobbler, of course.

Or, mutatis mutandis for a pilot: "He should stick to his own joy-stick", as they used to call it.

crewmeal
3rd Feb 2013, 15:23
Don't you just love the sun!

Woman is groped by tipsy British Airways pilot | The Sun |News (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4775941/Woman-is-groped-by-tipsy-British-Airways-pilot.html)

I wonder if he'll ever fly again?

Tankertrashnav
3rd Feb 2013, 16:04
But does he really earn £100,000 as a BA First Officer?

Doubt it, I suppose The Sun assumed that a first officer was the captain. Understandable as I always thought the civvie term for the co-pilot was pretty silly - after all he/she isn't the first officer - that would be the captain, wouldn't it?

Slasher
3rd Feb 2013, 16:09
He drunkenly grabbed his victim — flying First Class with
her husband — then screamed: “I want to **** her.”

Better he gets caught then me! :uhoh:

TopBunk
3rd Feb 2013, 16:45
To what extent this article has any basis in fact is, as yet, unclear.

However, it would not surprise me in the slightest if the former BASSA Gen Sec is not in some way involved. You know, the person sacked from BA in the Cabin Crew dispute a couple of years ago and allegedly now dismissed from his college course as an agitator and bad influence. Now what was his name ....:mad:

All this a couple of days before BASSA are meeting up again at Bedfont Football Club for an EGM to discuss BA's perceived preferential attitude to pilots over cabin crew and at which he is apparently scheduled to speak.

Lon More
3rd Feb 2013, 16:54
I almost wish he'd tried it on someone like Juud. He'd have ended up wearing his nuts as earrings.

Capot
3rd Feb 2013, 17:46
Just because the Sun reporter assumed that the tipsy pilot is male, I don't see why everyone here should do so, as seems to have happened.

This is sexism at its worst.

Can anyone clarify the pilot's gender, from knowledge rather than guesswork?

I've known several females, especially alpha ones like female pilots, who would grope another one without a moment's hesitation, when tipsy

D'pirate
4th Feb 2013, 03:10
Reported in today's West Australian

Drunk British Airways pilot gropes woman - The West Australian (http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/breaking/16056317/drunk-british-airways-pilot/)

11Fan
4th Feb 2013, 03:16
Reported in today's West Australian

And yesterday's Jet Blast...

http://www.pprune.org/jet-blast/506981-british-airways-groper-merged.html

D'pirate
4th Feb 2013, 04:05
Why hidden away on 'jetblast'? :oh:

Slasher
4th Feb 2013, 06:36
I've known several females, especially alpha ones like female pilots, who
would grope another one without a moment's hesitation, when tipsy

And its certainly a pleasure to watch isn't it! :)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpb3c3RjGSlq1HrbFXRJz0h3QDuveLhjaaKd2R_vX RdpHoqjIWMg

parabellum
4th Feb 2013, 07:19
I notice that the Sun report refers to him, as a 'veteran' First Officer, is he an SFO or a permanent FO? Doesn't really matter, I would say he is finished now as he has 'form', but hopefully will be directed to where he can get some help. Unfortunately it is incidents like this that some managements love, anything to prevent crew from positioning in First:uhoh:

Steve6443
4th Feb 2013, 08:28
Basil!! You're twisting my words (twisted are the minds...)
What I meant was: most men do, pilots are men mostly, so...

Ah, don't you just love the dog connection....

All dogs have four legs. My cat has four legs hence it is a dog..... :ugh:

ShyTorque
4th Feb 2013, 08:33

So what's he got against the Scots?

twentyman
4th Feb 2013, 09:31
Do B.A First Officers get paid $150 000 ((?Australian), i.e about £100 000, as this report says?

Hand Solo
4th Feb 2013, 09:35
In a word, no.

Vc10Tail
4th Feb 2013, 09:57
Doesn't he have access to the huge pool of BA stewardesses? What a sad story...goes to show, even on positioning duties we are bound to remain as good ambassadors for the airlines that employ us. Such scum destroy the respect this profession commands in public:* Very embarassing. BA eliminate him.CAA clip his license! Why would he/she yell "I WANT TO RAPE THE FLIGHT DECK" ?? Gay?. And what was her husband doing meanwhile his wife being groped?

Pontius
4th Feb 2013, 11:05
Mental troubles plus alcool... Well done with the hiring process BA.

How about the fact the steward punched him first?

Just blunder in with your unfound drivel, KAG and never mind actually finding out some facts first before you spout more bolleaux.

justanotherflyer
4th Feb 2013, 11:14
Doesn't he have access to the huge pool of BA stewardesses? Etc.....

Quite clearly this individual has serious problems beyond the mere taking of excessive drink. No doubt they will be addressed by his employer and himself, following this publicised incident, with appropriate professionalism and sensitivity. On the other hand your facile suggestions achieve little except to insult men, women, straight and gay, in almost a single sentence. Please reassure us you are not involved in personnel management in aviation or any other safety-critical industry.

MagnusP
4th Feb 2013, 11:45
Pontius, you should be aware that if anything has the word British involved (as in BA), we have a resident anglophobe who'll leap to the attack. :rolleyes:

Mr Chips
4th Feb 2013, 12:05
Chill out Pontius, I think KAG is only going by what the newpaper reported, so whilst we probably shouldn't trust teh Sun telling us what day of the week it is, I think that Just blunder in with your unfound drivel, KAG and never mind actually finding out some facts first before you spout more bolleaux is a bit unnecessary.

You could try, in a calm and rational way, telling us the "facts" instead of resorting to abuse...

Just a thought

antheads
4th Feb 2013, 12:46
After the assault he tried to return get into the cockpit and shouted: "I want to rape the flight deck."He's going to get a promotion to upper managment shortly with that sort of attitude.

BOAC
4th Feb 2013, 12:49
'Amusing' as we all find this the sad thing is that this particular pilot obviously has significant mental issues and the worrying thing is they do not appear to have been picked up properly by a system that should have..

vctenderness
4th Feb 2013, 12:56
However, it would not surprise me in the slightest if the former BASSA Gen Sec is not in some way involved. You know, the person sacked from BA in the Cabin Crew dispute a couple of years ago and allegedly now dismissed from his college course as an agitator and bad influence. Now what was his name ....http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/censored.gif

This did occur to me when I saw the Headline in the currant bun.

Brutish Airways was the favourite slogan on the 'special one' during the debacle commonly known as the cabin crew dispute.

It also ties in with other posts made by his alter egos elsewhere here.

Pontius
4th Feb 2013, 13:39
I am 'chilled out' Mr Chips, but thank you for your concern.

I think KAG is only going by what the newpaper reported

Yes, you're probably correct, hence my 'suggestion' that he finds out more (or in his case, some) facts before talking bolleaux about 'mental troubles' and sarcastically calling into question the BA recruitment process (as if that's at all relevant).

I am calm and I am rational and really I don't care whether you think something is necessary or not.

Just another thought.

ShyTorque
4th Feb 2013, 13:42
How about the fact the steward punched him first?

Steward

I think you missed my point...... ;)

jcjeant
4th Feb 2013, 13:47
Hi,

That's this pilot ??

GEqYvjfwOMM

Vc10Tail
4th Feb 2013, 13:52
Lol!!! Feed it to BOAC! Times have moved on...it is BA nowdays

BOAC
4th Feb 2013, 13:57
I did not realise it was infectious.

Pontius
4th Feb 2013, 13:57
Steward

I think you missed my point......

It's okay ShyTorque, I got your point and I was amused but I wasn't responding to you, rather KAG's original post.

airship
4th Feb 2013, 14:21
jcjeant's link no longer working apparently. Serge Gainsbourg announcing "I want to **** her" (as did every other >12 year old male of the day):

Whitney Houston Serge Gainsbourg Uncensored - YouTube

The French presenter was obviously ****** too from the very start, trying to find any re-translation available under the sun to not communicate to Whitney what Serge was actually saying at the time. It's what happens when you invite a Serge (or airship) to your sacré soirées - after a few drinks, the truth tends to come out...?! RIP, Serge and Whitney... :ok:

Cacophonix
9th Feb 2013, 00:26
An oxygen thing plus stress. You don't make it to even first officer in BA by being a dick wad.

Simon & Garfunkel : El Condor Pasa (1970) - YouTube

Caco