PDA

View Full Version : Cavok aviation training in Hungurian

Alew Crew
3rd Feb 2013, 07:31
Dear,

Does anyone have heard something about this flight school : CAVOK Aviation Training Ltd. | Repliskola | Piltakpzs | Starepls | Piltaiskola | Replgp brls PPL NVFR ME IR CPL ATPL A320 Type Rating (http://www.cavok.hu) ??

Thanks a lot.

Sovi3tskiy
3rd Feb 2013, 11:22
Wow full airline program, zero to hero with MCC and Jet orientation for 35k Euro, thats £29,931 not bad at all if your on a budget...

PPexperience
1st Oct 2015, 13:37
It seems nobody got licence from this school. Last post was sent 2013 and is there any new comments about this flight school in Hungary?

MartinCh
4th Oct 2015, 20:49
Plenty Turkish national doing their PPL and NVFR there. I'd hazard a guess that their main income stream now in the season, having seen it first hand. Best to team up with some buddies for car rental as chances are you'd have to commute 20-30mins from nearer to Budapest city.
For the visa paperwork, you'd need arranged place. If not Godolo locally, try getting in touch with CEU Residence, Kerepesi utca (street), Central European Uni student halls. Contact Alexandra (szalmasiaATceu.edu) instead of the generic email.

Low cost (new Rotax'd mogas CS-VLA Tecnam and AT3s), even compared to say Czech Rep, but not well organised. Their C150, 152 and 172 have budget rates, too.
I made plans in line with Part.FCL and having it 'run through' my 'own' CAA in Europe - strict FCL adherence when not living in past 'procedures', as non-standard case regarding FI course, was in touch, stated my intentions and ended up one waste of fuel driving over, weekend of bitching sitting about only to meet the 'right person' for sorting yes/no situations regarding enrolling in courses - Ferenc Varga.

There are pros and cons about most places and budget wise it's cheaper than Czech or Polish schools. I met one Portuguese guy doing most training in Czech, popping over in multi (Seneca 1) and a Brit who just finished the expensive bits of the training (ME IR/CPL). So although I allocated time previous 3 months for stuff there, none materialised due insufficient comms 'on first contact' (or second), got major headache, I'd go back next year as soon I won't be able to afford all my plans in Czech Rep anyway. I'd rather spend money in US, though not the Florida places, but the exchange rate is a killer, either from AUD or EUR.

Ihatemondays
9th Oct 2015, 07:10
Well...Generally its not a school where you pay your money and afterwards they come with lots of reasons why not to fly. Their prices are cheap and Hungarian CAA is not slow....They try to teach...there are some flight instructors who logged more than 10 000 hours and also very new ones.
Even though they are trying I believe number of instructors are not enough...especially young instructors work upto their maximums which is not good for the flight safety.

They are really disorganized...sometimes keys are lost sometimes instructor does not show up and you will not get a reply to your emails less than 4 days and not to mention aircraft scheduling....they change the schedules as they like and do not even inform you about the change...especially in the summer months it is full with Turkish military helicopter pilots trying to get aircraft licences. If you go in summer, you would be fighting to get a flight and perhaps you might start to hear some reasons why not to fly...

another point, if you tell them you have 1 month to finish the training, it would be done in 1 month but if you tell them lets say 6 months be sure it will not finish before 5 months....because the guys coming to training after you will have priority since they only have 1 month time to finish training...so you will be spending your time and money for nothing and waiting in nothing to do Godollo. If you keept:mad: and bother them all the time you can finish your training in a short time.

Final: If there was a school 1000 Euro more expansive but really organized, I would prefer that school.

Jekar
9th Oct 2015, 12:52
And what do you think about Flight school F AIR ... that's flying (http://www.f-air.cz/en/) ?
Price are interesting too.

shyamlohi
11th Apr 2017, 14:22
Anyone have a recent experience with CAVOK Aviation Training ? .
(http://www.cavok.hu/)

Wingover85
23rd Sep 2017, 13:32
Worst school I have ever went through my 10 year Pilot career... Don't go there guys, there are so many others schools..

gerpols
28th Sep 2017, 17:02
CAVOK is not OK, I would say !
I visited them in Budapest and had a chat with few of the instructors and the boss, to validate my FAA CFI to my EASA CPL.
After I left they never bothered to respond to my request.
Not a professional ATO.

Ilikemylaptop
13th Jul 2019, 11:46
Hey fellas,Anyone know if anything's changed in the past few years with cavok? I'm eyeing it up because of the price and location.

youngretired
15th Jul 2019, 09:46
I've lost 1300 euros to cavok by enrolling their atpl gs. my job couldn't let me study and take exams and after 2 years I asked them about my state. They responded I have to pay 1700 euros again because they switched AviationExam to CATS system. Although my contract didn't stated any expire date but they ignored my statements about it and insisted on re-payment. There were no notice when they changed their distance education system to CATS btw.
So my 1300 euros just vanished in return for one year membership of AviationExam. Last conversations of us were 6 or 7 months ago.

Ilikemylaptop
29th Jul 2019, 11:57
First off, thank you for your response, youngretired.

I'm not well versed on the legal side of things, but aren't ATPL exams supposed to be passed within 18 months of starting the course, otherwise the license expires? Then it would make sense why they asked for the ATPL fee again.

In any case, you should prod their phone lines like crazy, I wouldn't stand for losing that much money. It's abhorrent.

youngretired
29th Jul 2019, 17:49
...my job couldn't let me study and take exams...
I've never took any exams as you can read my post.
They were never answering their phones btw.
Also each email correspondence takes several days to receive a response.
They are basically taking advantage of foreign students who can't take legal actions from outside of Europe.

emiratesa380
9th Jul 2020, 07:25
Hi,

can you help me please regarding which school shall I choose in Hungary for my IR/ME/CPL training between CAVOK or PANNON AIR please?

janrein
10th Jul 2020, 14:48
@ emiratesa380

As you are based Malta and in view of the posts above, would you not have a local - and better - alternative?

Have you read the posts up-thread at all?

emiratesa380
10th Jul 2020, 14:51
Hey thanks for your reply...no I am based in Budapest and now I am looking at Airwin ...what is your opinion regarding these 3 flightschools please?

chinesep1mp
10th Jul 2020, 19:20
First of all, ask the respective schools for price / expected duration. Then compare the response and the response time.

As of the schools mentioned:

Pannon Air Service: Good mix of instructors, experienced fighter pilot, to Wizzair captain and ex. aerobatics pilot. At least two of the instructors are examiners. Especially now with COVID I imagine they have a great instructor availability. They don't accept more students than they can handle. Theory wise, not a lot of emphasize. They are reliable. A little bit dull sometimes. Regarding the courses MEP IR, it is conducted on FNPT II sim + DA42. I imagine CPL is done on the DA42 as well.

Airwin: Next doors in Tököl. No experience with them, but they seem nice and responsive with beautiful A/C. I don't think they own their ME A/C, but instead use (maybe Pannon's DA42).

CAVOK: No experience with them. They fly Seneca I believe. Price is probably the best one out of the three. Grassfield base.

emiratesa380
10th Jul 2020, 22:32
Thanks so much for your help and for your detailed information provided, appreciate a lot! Will think about it cause all of them seems good and I am pretty confused now!

emiratesa380
11th Jul 2020, 08:36
Thanks a lot, can you try and give me more info about this school in private please? I do not have any messages in my inbox so I can’t understand why I’m not receiving your private messages...

================================

Until you have a posting history you don't have access to private messaging and adding urls.

kermiche
31st Dec 2022, 19:16
jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

Entusiast777
1st Jan 2023, 18:33
I would recommend FlyTeam in Szeged. Very constructive and individual approach, great instructors and well-maintained fleet of DA-20.

AnySky
5th May 2023, 10:41
First of all, ask the respective schools for price / expected duration. Then compare the response and the response time.

As of the schools mentioned:

Pannon Air Service: Good mix of instructors, experienced fighter pilot, to Wizzair captain and ex. aerobatics pilot. At least two of the instructors are examiners. Especially now with COVID I imagine they have a great instructor availability. They don't accept more students than they can handle. Theory wise, not a lot of emphasize. They are reliable. A little bit dull sometimes. Regarding the courses MEP IR, it is conducted on FNPT II sim + DA42. I imagine CPL is done on the DA42 as well.

Airwin: Next doors in Tököl. No experience with them, but they seem nice and responsive with beautiful A/C. I don't think they own their ME A/C, but instead use (maybe Pannon's DA42).

CAVOK: No experience with them. They fly Seneca I believe. Price is probably the best one out of the three. Grassfield base.

Hello! not sure if you will see this reply. However, I am having my eyes on Pannon Air for zero - ATPL program. Were you student there yourself? May I have some questions about them? Thank you in advance

Alessandro2104
7th Jul 2023, 12:28
Hello,

i'd like to know if someone knows that i can do an IR ME in a foreign country knowing that i have a french CPL in a modular formation?
Btw does someone has new feedback on this aviation school

thanks in advance

cryptoknight
24th Jul 2023, 16:05
you live in Qatar right? can you apply for Qatar cadet? that's my dream but im older than 26 haha ( im not from Qatar btw )