PDA

View Full Version : Java Security Alert

Slasher
3rd Feb 2013, 07:20
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/12103040/img/12103040.jpg

I've been copping this alert the past few months and its bloody annoying - it pops up
when I'm in the middle of something and pauses activeX programs I'm in. I've clicked
all the buttons over time - Yes, No, View Certificate (and downloaded same) all to no
avail.

Can anyone advise me how to stop being plagued by this damn alert? Thanks.

PS - and WTF is "Revocation information"? :confused:

green granite
3rd Feb 2013, 08:59
Have a look here:

Dealing with Revoked Security Certificates: What Revocation Messages Mean & How To Deal With Them (http://www.brighthub.com/internet/security-privacy/articles/82291.aspx)

Milo Minderbinder
3rd Feb 2013, 09:35
check your computer is set to the correct date

reset internet explorer to its defaults

Slasher
6th Feb 2013, 18:48
Thanks.

Haven't had much luck but the warnings are becoming less frequent.

vulcanised
6th Feb 2013, 19:39
The one I frequently see is about Security Certificate having expired.

Happens with banks, email, all sorts,

Milo Minderbinder
6th Feb 2013, 21:04
Slasher
is it just one site that gives you problems? If the problem isn't due to your computers date being sent incorrectly, its normally due to
1) the owners of a site forgetting to renew their site security certificates when they run out
2) a certification authority withdrawing a certificate because they've found that either the site or the owner is dodgy
3) a cert being withdrawn because it was hijacked by a third party

If the date on your computer is correct, let us know which sites are giving the problem. You can PM me if the sites are too embarrasing for anyone else to know about......

BOAC
6th Feb 2013, 21:25
Slash - are you keeping your OS updated - root certificates in particular?

Milo Minderbinder
6th Feb 2013, 21:39
BOAC makes a good point and something I'd overlooked
If you don't run windows updates, your own certificates wont be updated and so may generate this kind of error