PDA

View Full Version : Grand Caravan with pod operating costs

Dunguss
2nd Feb 2013, 10:39
I would be very grateful if anybody from the LAE fraternity working on the Cessna 208B Grand Caravan could give me their opinion of the reliability of the airframe and the engine.

I would also be very grateful if someone could divulge the typical operating costs of those aeroplanes working on the UK register, this I would assume to be the most expensive regime under which to operate. Failing that, the costs involved with this aeroplane in their locale.

I have tried asking Loch Lomond Seaplanes by e-mail and telephone, but they probably mis-laid the "Post-its", and/or they have not received my e-mails.

Best regards,

Aluminium Overcast (well, 6 octas now) Driver.

gordon field
4th Feb 2013, 07:15
You asked the same question a year ago but did not give any reason as to why you wanted the data.

Why should a commercial company such as LLS spend time and money answering such a request when they have a business to run. The cost of maintenance of one on amphibious floats is far higher than a land plane. The cost depends upon the type of operation.

The information, much of it inaccurate, has been published here and on another forum and if you took the trouble to search before repeatedly asking then you will find the answers.

Had you started by writing.

I am a student writing a thesis on....

I am new to this business but thinking of....

I am bored out of my mind but just thought....

You would have received appropriate replies.