PDA

View Full Version : Adding my B777 Rating to my FAA ATPL?

CAVnotOK
2nd Feb 2013, 02:42
Hi Guys and Girls,

Can anyone please advise the necessary steps to have my B777 Type from my GCAA ATPL also put onto my FAA ATPL.

I have a P1 Rating.

All info and advise welcome, including costs if anyone has done similar.

Many thanks,
Cav.

lospilotos
2nd Feb 2013, 03:05
I believe there was a note on this in the unofficial 777 Study Guide. If you donīt have it I can try and look it up.

CAVnotOK
2nd Feb 2013, 03:08
Thank you lospilotos,

I don't have the guide handy, it would be much appreciated.

Cav.

Round D. Globe
3rd Feb 2013, 02:01
Please post it for us Airbus guys too.
Thanks

ironbutt57
3rd Feb 2013, 03:00
What I was told previously by the FAA, they will issue a P2 based on your foreign P1...if you want P1, take an oral and check ride.....

helen-damnation
3rd Feb 2013, 04:12
Following on from that:

Does check ride mean an observed line check or sim (LPC) or something else?

and

Are there any EK 777 qualified US checkers? I know we have US, but what quals?

H-D

ironbutt57
3rd Feb 2013, 04:57
Was told basically an initial type check in the simulator...

CAVnotOK
3rd Feb 2013, 06:20
Does anyone know where the check ride can be taken and the approximate cost?

Cheers,
Cav.

typhoonpilot
3rd Feb 2013, 07:07
The problem being you have to go through an approved course before you can do a type ride in the USA. The shortest approved course is Boeing's short course which is 15 days long and costs $15,000.

Typhoonpilot

Panther 88
4th Feb 2013, 12:43
Go to Canada, take an airlaw equivalency test, get a Canadian license. They will honor your GCAA ATPL with the type rating. Go to your local FISBO, they will honor the Candadian license and bingo...it's yours. At least that's what it used to be. Who really knows anymore.

And why would you really need it? Any carrier in the US that would hire you as pilot would have to put you through an FAA approved course anyway, thus you would get the type rating. That is unless you want to go fly in India, but then the GCAA would be adequate. I guess if you want to do ferry type work you wouild need it, but then you would have to drop 15-20 grand every six months to stay current. Just random thoughts.

helen-damnation
4th Feb 2013, 18:05
And why would you really need it?

Principally because those F:mad::mad:ING idiots in the UK CAA are doing their best to decimate the expat licence holders and a US rating MAY be a better option :*

Non Zero
5th Feb 2013, 17:54
but then you would have to drop 15-20 grand every six months to stay current

Not correct ... 15K$ just for the TR which will never expire! Currency on type ... 6K$ every 6 month only if you are involved in FAR 121operations etc ...
Your annual check is good to keep your TR current as long as the sim and the TRI/E are FAA approved! Not that difficult in DXB sim center!