PDA

View Full Version : Activity over Melbourne

witwiw
2nd Feb 2013, 01:05
For many months now I have been aware of an aircraft operating over Melbourne in a way that intrigues me.

The aircraft appears to be a C208 or similar and does the following;

It flies around in what look like racetrack holding patterns at around 8000' or higher. These "holding patterns" vary between 6 to 10 minutes leg length and vary in their alignment. They occur over greater MEL as well as to the east of the city and over the bay.

I have watched the aircraft through binos on a number of occasions during the day and have also been aware of it operating through dusk into the night. It also operates above and below cloud - that would tend to eliminate photography.

This often occurs on several days throughout each week.

I've spoken to an aviation aware friend and he has also noticed this activity.

Can anyone shed any light on what is happening and why? A serious question to which I'd appreciate serious answers.

Lookleft
2nd Feb 2013, 01:16
Probably localised chemtrailing. People in the city need an extra dose to make them more compliant to government control.:ok:

down3gr33ns
2nd Feb 2013, 01:20
A serious question to which I'd appreciate serious answers.

I'm afraid that was a forlorn request - as already demonstrated by one idiot.

nitpicker330
2nd Feb 2013, 01:28
Wouldn't be the parachute Aircraft would it? Regularly drops chutes into Point Ormond from 8000' to 12,000' The random circling would be the aircraft climbing to altitude under radar control from Mel Approach avoiding other traffic, a process which could take 20 mins after from takeoff from Moorabbin..:ok:

The Green Goblin
2nd Feb 2013, 01:34
It's a complete conspiracy.

An aeroplane has taken off and is actually flying!

Oh the humanity!

Probably localised chemtrailing. People in the city need an extra dose to make them more compliant to government control

Which is why Roxon and Evans have quit and Gillard has called an election. The truth is about to bite them in the buttocks :ok:

The truth is out there!

BrlF46tZiQo

Anthill
2nd Feb 2013, 02:07
It sounds like the AFP C208. Apparently equiped with all the latest stuff for spying. I saw it at EN..you can't get near it.

Lookleft
2nd Feb 2013, 02:09
I'm afraid that was a forlorn request - as already demonstrated by one
idiot.

And your contribution shed how much light on the question?

Lantern10
2nd Feb 2013, 02:12
Could it have been Nearmap just taking more pics?

Advs
2nd Feb 2013, 02:14
It's true. It's a listening plane. Spy stuff for afp. Monitoring electronic equipment

VH-XXX
2nd Feb 2013, 03:18
Anthill everyone knows that the Feds actually use a Gippy Aero Airvan. The Aust govt under labour can't even afford to run a 208.