1st Feb 2013, 21:21
Hello to all.
I have applied to a particular operator as an Instructor
Since last November, and every time I speak to the The Guy
He keeps saying to ring him back in a month and that my CV
Is still on his desk. So what do I do.

robm
1st Feb 2013, 21:34
Keep ringing him back, but in the meantime keep looking elsewhere! You never know what you might miss if you are too narrow in focus.

Good luck
Rob.

Dash 42
1st Feb 2013, 21:43
G'day jazzy,

Have they actually advertised for a position? If they haven't, and you just sent out a feeler, then what can you do? They more than likely don't have a position at the moment, and therefore would like you to check back a month later to see if it has changed. If this is the case, call him back in a month.

If its an advertised position, it sounds like they're either not interested in you, or they are completely unorganised. In either of these eventualities, don't waste your time, move on.

Dash

Homesick-Angel
1st Feb 2013, 22:19
Things change quick in this game, and usually companies need pilots yesterday when their in need and not at all when their not..(if that makes sense) keep calling each month while you look elsewhere. Be friendly and professional on the phone and dont give any hint that you might be stressed. You have the quals now and eventually you will get a job. Just stick
At it.

airwolf117
2nd Feb 2013, 07:24
I always recommend a drive around, face time in this industry counts more than a faceless-email!

You'd be surprised how much of an impression it makes! Doesn't cost a lot ($2000 for me to drive 5000km total, plus accom and food!) and as an instructor you'd be able to travel shorter distances and visit more places!

Bottom line, talk to anyone who will listen!

jazzy
2nd Feb 2013, 18:34
Thanks a lot to everyone for your advice.
I am still applying away to other places as well.
I really appreciate all the advice.
Thanks again guys and i'll let you know what happens
Cheers