PDA

View Full Version : One or more Active X controls

Loose rivets
1st Feb 2013, 20:33
It really is tedious. About 50% of the times I start Skype (all day long) this shows and has to be cancelled. It's a PITA when typing all day long. (old fingers are wearing out)

I've gone to goo and they mentioned Skype uses IE. Security reset etc. Seemed to work, but then FF vanished of Task Bar* and then it started it's old tricks. 'cm, I say.

*(FF had its place on the TB for years. Not a coincidence it vanishing I imagine, but perhaps not germane to the main issue.)

Any ideas?

Milo Minderbinder
1st Feb 2013, 20:43
give us the full error message......maybe then we can work out whats going on

but in the meantime, uninstall Skype and then reinstall with the latest version
Which version of IE do you have on the machine?

Loose rivets
2nd Feb 2013, 00:31
6 1 0 129 Needless to say, Skype won't perform its tricks when I want it to. I'll snap it when it next does.

Edit Skype is saying it's the latest version.

9 0812 16421 Can't remember opening IE for months before this.

W7 Pro

Loose rivets
2nd Feb 2013, 15:38
Can't Screen Snip it, cos the damn thing doesn't allow ANY actions until you've put it away.

Current security settings

or

you have blocked a publisher

Fine, but it doesn't say in what or who or where - thought I'd done well to find the IE thing, but that does not seem to be it.

If the darn thing would warn every time, then I could get results for my actions, but it often leaves me thinking it's fixed, and then comes back in a while.

Trouble is, has what I've fixed altered, or was it never fixed?

Oh, I was going to ask. Would my vast collection of contacts and phone numbers remain stored with Skype or do I need a Bookmarks kind of file to save them?

Milo Minderbinder
2nd Feb 2013, 16:01
just uninstall it then reinstall and see what happens