PDA

View Full Version : Cruel and inhumane punishment perhaps?

Milo Minderbinder
1st Feb 2013, 19:55
BBC News - 'Traces of pork DNA' found in Halal prison meat (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21302925)

I can see the prisoners rights groups having fun with this one

toffeez
1st Feb 2013, 20:10
"Under Islamic law, Muslims are strictly forbidden to eat pork."

In a statement, Mr Wright said the Prison Service was investigating the incident "as a matter of urgency". He added: "This is an absolutely unacceptable situation and one which we regret greatly.

"Clearly this must be distressing for those affected and they can be reassured we are doing everything we can to resolve the situation."

Under English law Muslims (and others) are strictly forbidden to commit crimes. They should have a choice of vegetarian food, then no argument.

Tableview
1st Feb 2013, 20:24
Whatever they did to end up in prison was against the law in the UK and almost certainly against Islamic law too. On that basis they abrogate any right to be treated with respect to their so-called religious beliefs.

Otherwise, let them go hungry. Or die.

Dushan
1st Feb 2013, 20:27
They could be getting their meals from here

anwy2MPT5RE

Tankertrashnav
1st Feb 2013, 20:28
These threads are starting to outnumber US gun law threads, which I now see have been amalgamated into one big thread.

Can we possible have one big thread where people can pick items like this out of the news and have yet another moan at Muslims?

Then the rest of us can ignore it, like I already ignore the gun thread?

Milo Minderbinder
2nd Feb 2013, 00:39
The point of the thread wasn't to moan at Muslims, but more to show how easy it is to metaphorically put a bullet in ones own foot......
Whatever one thinks of Islam, cockups like this make it easy for them to hate us

Dushan
2nd Feb 2013, 00:44
Really? Cockups like this? They need something to make it easy to hate us? How about "they" start behaving like human beings and accept that they did something wrong and that being in jail is punishment and not picknick.

Slasher
2nd Feb 2013, 04:15
Otherwise, let them go hungry. Or die.

Change the menu at the prison - their koran does state rather than starve
to death they can tuck into a pig when no other food is available. Around
here islamic prisoners eat the same gruel dealt out to everyone....or die.

...and have yet another moan at Muslims?

I read this article as not a moan at the moozys but a moan about the silly
UK penal system that not only cowers but actually entertains their moans.

sitigeltfel
2nd Feb 2013, 05:13
How much of the meat that the 'infidels' are sold is Halal, without their knowledge? Much, much more than many of them would imagine.

Consumers have the right to know how their food is slaughtered, as much as they have the right to know what is in it. Producers should make it clear on the packaging if the barbaric practice has been used to kill the animal.

Many of them are in jail for 'sampling' young British meat. What does their Koran have to say about that?

Krystal n chips
2nd Feb 2013, 05:26
" Really? Cockups like this? They need something to make it easy to hate us? How about "they" start behaving like human beings"

Not that the reverse would ever apply of course.

Perish the thought !..:rolleyes:

" Many of them are in jail for 'sampling' young British meat"

Ah, allow me to expand your vocabulary please by the addition of the term paedophiles.

Many of whom, are, ready for this ?....white and non Muslim.

Hence the subsequent distinction between paedophiles is what, therefore ?

Mac the Knife
2nd Feb 2013, 05:43
All the above pleasant thoughts also apply to Jewish prisoners of course?

Mac

:cool:

sitigeltfel
2nd Feb 2013, 06:09
Ah, allow me to expand your vocabulary please by the addition of the term paedophiles.

Many of whom, are, ready for this ?....white and non Muslim.

You conveniently ignore one fact. The Muslim gangs in UK jails for the multiple gang rape of young girls targeted them for their ethnicity. i.e. non Muslim. I doubt your average paedophile is so picky. Their religion led them to believe they were doing no wrong by violating the infidel and that their god would turn a blind eye.

We await you pious, pontificating and predictable response.

probes
2nd Feb 2013, 06:19
This is very serious because no Muslim would ever eat pork meat - anything to do with pork - and it must be very distressing for those in prison who have been given this meat to realise they may have been eating food which was contaminated with pig."
Seriously, my brains fail me. Why didn't they stay away from crime to avoid agonizing distress of being 'given' food? :eek:

Krystal n chips
2nd Feb 2013, 06:23
Always happy to oblige.

Derby: Paedophile gang who groomed girls as young as 13 giving them cuddly toys in exchange for sex are jailed | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2208292/Derby-Paedophile-gang-groomed-girls-young-13-giving-cuddly-toys-exchange-sex-jailed.html#axzz2Jiw6YUZq)

Do I get a bonus point for taking the link from the Mail ?

ORAC
2nd Feb 2013, 06:26
DNA tests can detect the presence of pork or other meats. As far as I am aware there is no scientific test to detect whether it's Halal. You have to trust the company, good luck with that one.....

I put this on the other thread, perhaps apposite to repeat t here. How well do those of a religious bent actually know what's in the products they use, including tuna, fruit juice, cigarettes, soap.......

CwBsYij96e4

stuckgear
2nd Feb 2013, 07:53
...and have yet another moan at Muslims?

i too read it not as a moan against them 'mooslims' but as a face palm about the perpetual cowering to political correctness.

like the demands for prisoners to have the vote, a campaign led a violent axe murderer of an unstable disposition.

stuckgear
2nd Feb 2013, 08:00
Producers should make it clear on the packaging if the barbaric practice has been used to kill the animal.

DNA tests can detect the presence of pork or other meats. As far as I am aware there is no scientific test to detect whether it's Halal. You have to trust the company, good luck with that one.....

I put this on the other thread, perhaps apposite to repeat t here. How well do those of a religious bent actually know what's in the products they use, including tuna, fruit juice, cigarettes, soap.......

ORAC & Sitigeltfel..

i seem to be coming more and more perterbed by the manner in which we as humans treat animals and the industrialised converyor belt manner in which slaughter them.

yes i do eat meat, but i find that these days it sticks in my throat quite literally, i have no problem in buying meat from a local farm where its reared and roams local fields until it's number comes up and then sold in the farm shop. its the industrialised barbarity of treating them like something inanimate.

SpringHeeledJack
2nd Feb 2013, 08:17
I read this article as not a moan at the moozys but a moan about the silly
UK penal system that not only cowers but actually entertains their moans.

+1 :ok:

SHJ

parabellum
2nd Feb 2013, 08:26
In many countries the responsibility of feeding the incarcerated lies with the prisoners family, the West should do the same, problem solved.

I have seen more than one good Muslim tuck in to a bacon sandwich.

gingernut
2nd Feb 2013, 10:51
Anybody see that Trevor MacDonald programme about death row in Indiana ?

One bloke was waiting for his date with death for 18 years. Whatever your thoughts on the death penalty, (one bloke was in there for raping a woman then slitting her throat and that of her 4 year old daughter), isn't the 18 year wait cruel and inhumane ?

I got me 60 fine about 5 minutes after I committed my offence.

Tableview
2nd Feb 2013, 11:05
isn't the 18 year wait cruel and inhumane ?

Yes, and a waste of public funds. That is why the death penalty should be carried out immediately once guilt is established.

Dushan
2nd Feb 2013, 11:15
Anybody see that Trevor MacDonald programme about death row in Indiana ?

One bloke was waiting for his date with death for 18 years. Whatever your thoughts on the death penalty, (one bloke was in there for raping a woman then slitting her throat and that of her 4 year old daughter), isn't the 18 year wait cruel and inhumane ?

I got me 60 fine about 5 minutes after I committed my offence.

18 years because he was appealing the conviction and sentence, not because someone forgot him in the cell. The choice was his.

You got your fine 5 minutes after you allegedly committed the offence, but that was not a conviction. If you chose to, you could have gone to court to fight it and that may have taken several months. Then if you chose to appeal it would have taken even longer.

wings folded
2nd Feb 2013, 12:06
The Muslim gangs in UK jails for the multiple gang rape of young girls targeted them for their ethnicity. i.e. non Muslim.

"Ethnicity" : you picked the wrong word there, sitigeltfel.

Muslim is not an ethnicity no less than non Muslim is an ethnicity,

Belief in Islam is just that, a belief, and has nothing whatsover to do with ethnicity.

An ethnic Jew, for example, may embrace Islam; his ethnicity remains Jewish, but his belief makes him Muslim. But they are two wholly distinct concepts.

Blacksheep
2nd Feb 2013, 14:45
When I was working in the Islamic state in Borneo there was a lot of fuss about non-halal products being on the shelves in shops, so they were banished to a special non-halal room. The things in there included such items as canned pet food, baked beans and so on. With the contents being completely isolated from possible contact with anything else, one wondered why further separation was needed, but such is the way of the world.

One member of our staff consulted the Mufti concerning ball pen ink stains on his hand. The decision was that since the solvent includes alcohol, the stains were "najis" (ie filth) and the stains had to be completely removed in order to be ritually pure. [I hope no one consults him about immunisation or injections] While it easy to see how such deductions are reached, a look through the holy book itself finds only mentions of prohibitions on eating non-halal food and drinking "arak" translated as "strong drink" so one is reminded of the story of Moses, who came down from the mountain with instructions to make a sacrifice. His followers sent him back to find out what was the required sacrifice. The answer came back "a cow", so Moses was sent back to ask which cow and so it went on. Eventually, when it had to be the very, very best cow the children of Israel complained bitterly. Had they not questioned The Lord, they might have got away with a weak and weedy goat in the first instance.

Sometimes its better not to ask too many questions or inquire too deeply ;)

ExXB
2nd Feb 2013, 14:48
That is why the death penalty should be carried out immediately once guilt is established.

Perhaps, but we all know the vast number of cases where they haven't got the right guy. If you could convince me that the system was 99.9% certain, then I might change my view. But until then ...

cdtaylor_nats
2nd Feb 2013, 15:00
Making sure of the death penalty is easy - if the executed man is later found to be innocent then the prosecutor who asked for the death sentence should be charged with murder.

That way the prosecutor would have to be certain.

KAG
2nd Feb 2013, 15:03
The anti muslim brigade at work...

radeng
2nd Feb 2013, 15:50
illinois had so many innocent people convicted of murder that they gave up on the death penalty.

Was anyone executed in Texas on evidence from the Houston police lab, and subsequently exonerated after that scandal came to light?

GGR
2nd Feb 2013, 16:00
Food in the nick,, snort to be sniffed at

Coats on its way........

cavortingcheetah
2nd Feb 2013, 18:59
Trevor MacDonald and death row in Indiana.
Did the programme point out how swiftly death would have attended the murderer had he decided to make no use of the appeal process?