PDA

View Full Version : Poor Corporate Websites

vulcanised
1st Feb 2013, 14:15
I would nominate British Gas as pretty high up that list.

It takes quite a while to respond, a long time to fully load the opening page (including filling the 'remember me' box), and then all too often won't let you open your account "due to a problem".

On the odd occasions when you can proceed further, you will be lucky if all the various features you want to use are available on the same visit.

Any others you know?

green granite
1st Feb 2013, 14:36
I find the BBC's a nightmare trying to get to the information you want.

ILS32
1st Feb 2013, 15:01
vulcanised

I was reading your post and as I had nothing better to do, and needed to submit my meter readings to BG.So at 15:43 Googled BG,logged in and clicked on submit meter reading and was ready to input the meter reading into the correct box at 15:44.I think that is reasonably fast enough for me.May be you need a faster line speed.

mixture
1st Feb 2013, 15:56
vulcanised,

Where do I start.....

Funnily enough, some of the WORST I've ever seen are for companies that should know better (i.e. those in the tech or web industry).

Microsoft is one example. Sure they're a massive company with a lot of information they genuinely need to put forward..... but its all dihorrea .... there are pockets of fantastic information there..... but the ability to find it is so inconsistent !

jimtherev
1st Feb 2013, 16:19
Mixture got me thinking by mentioning Micro$oft. It was described by a family member thus:
We all know it's easy to complete 90% of a given task; it can take maybe double the time so-far expended (or more) to complete the last 10%. The temptation is to move the developer on after that 'double time' has expired (or sack him/her). Everyone knows that the job is not completely done, but the bean-counters have run out of patience and tell themselves that no-one will notice.
The bigger the company, the more likely for this scenario to hold.

Or so I have been told...

(Reminds me of the British motor industry in times past when it was up to the customer to do the R&D on a new product. The Mark II version of the car was sometimes better.)

Sunnyjohn
1st Feb 2013, 18:22
Sometimes it depends upon the browser. Strictly, nowadays, websites should be designed to accommodate more than one browser but if a website is slow to load it is worth reverting to the dreaded Internet Explorer - some sites still work best on IE. (Which is the reason I have VWare Fusion on my Mac!)