PDA

View Full Version : Second UK passport for pilots?

A320novice
30th Jan 2013, 04:58
I am currently working in Singapore, and need a new (or second) passport as my current one is getting full of stamps. The British High Commission in Singapore no longer handles this, and now require you to apply to the Regional Processing Centre in Hong Kong, which takes an unspecified amount of time (but apparently 3-4 weeks is common).

Passports (http://ukinsingapore.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports)

I believe as a pilot that I can request a second passport with a supporting letter from my company, but the UK rules require me to submit my existing passport...which I need every day when I go in and out of Singapore. :ugh: The only other way seems to be to go back to the UK, and make use of the fast-track 1 week or 1 day service.

Has anyone found a way around these new rules?? Most grateful for any ideas...

Flying Mechanic
30th Jan 2013, 06:06
Hi there,

I was in your exact situation! I live in Hong Kong , you don't have to submit your passport, just get a supporting letter from your co saying your have to work daily, and you can apply for a your second passport, they said it could take a month , in reality in came in 12 days.

Hope that helps, PM me if u want more info.

Cheers FM.

parabellum
30th Jan 2013, 07:04
Renewed a UK passport recently, fifteen days start to finish, Australia, New Zealand and UK involved.

Flying_Tigers
31st Jan 2013, 12:57
When you surrender your passport in Hong Kong, Beijing, or Shanghai, they will certify a copy of the first page of your old passport an give you a sealed receipt which allows you to travel for 30 days and that receipt is honored in 67 countries. Of course you need to check which countries before you start bouncing around.

CDRW
1st Feb 2013, 09:12
320 - check you PM