PDA

View Full Version : Uncouth 3rd World culture

wongsuzie
29th Jan 2013, 06:53
Stop pleading for swaps then deleting the swap a few days later -after we accepted..

Don't bring your slum culture here,You know you you are..

nitpicker330
29th Jan 2013, 06:55
Huh??

Productive :D

CodyBlade
29th Jan 2013, 12:01
You mean: "Dear colleague I need to be in SFO for my Twin God daughter's convocation, one has a club foot, my grand-mother's great uncle's cousin has a lotion to apply on the said foot. so i have to swap with you, please consider ASAP,blah,blah.."

3 days later after you agree the swap in withdrawn.:\:\

bigbeerbelly
29th Jan 2013, 12:26
This has really been bothering you for years hasn't it.

wongsuzie
29th Jan 2013, 12:45
Yes, it's rude and unprofessional and lacks simple decorum and plain manners.

Sad to say for one particular nationality, it's habitual.

and they seem to think it's OK..

C Blade, the sob stories are worst then that.

Sick mother/father
Sick Grandmother [they have 4 remember]
Sick Cat [s]
Sick Child [yes!]
Sick husband [s]

twotigers
29th Jan 2013, 13:59
Please swap your BKK 48hr pairing with me.

I'd like to screw 12 Thai chicks, eat 6 yummy meals,sleep in a bed without my fat western wife and get a shed load of perdiem.

Would honesty work?

geh065
30th Jan 2013, 03:48
4 grandmothers?! That's quite a feat!

nitpicker330
30th Jan 2013, 05:50
It's quite simple really.

If you know who they are then either:-

1/ ignore it

Or

2/ Reject it.

Now breath and get on with your life. :ok:

wongsuzie
30th Jan 2013, 07:19
Err..2tigers 63 years old? I m worried about yr operational capabilities.

And yeah i should'nt nitpick i guess but there are serial swap gangsters among us.

crwkunt roll
30th Jan 2013, 21:07
While we're on the subject of stupidity, why do Captains give people j1 when they can see if someone already has a j1 on the same day??

LongTimeInCX
30th Jan 2013, 21:59
.....because some of my fellow captains do not release jumpseats straight away.
So not un-naturally, some JS applicants will apply for more than one knowing the above fact. They are then pleasantly surprised when I release another J1, and in an ideal world, they cancel out their first granted, but second choice jumpseat.
In practice, as people are not on crew direct and email 24/7, there is often a delay before such cancellation of the original JS occurs.

The only stupidity is the poster above implying captains should not release JS's for a reason that should be blatantly obvious to anyone with an IQ of 3 figures or more.

....and back to the thread - swap if it suits you, if you get stuffed around and it gets retracted, remember the name of the offender, and simply ignore any future request from him. Alternatively, waste another 5 mins of your life and email him and tell him why - all part of the education process!

Frogman1484
30th Jan 2013, 22:10
Swap?:confused:What is that? You mean you can actually find someone that has a roster that is not too tight to get past the FTL's!:=