PDA

View Full Version : TT Courses to Start again in October

VeroFlyer
27th Jan 2013, 18:11
Last email I had from Cathay was that TT courses were to start again at the end of 2013 and to expect a start date then. I have now heard from somewhere, not sure where, that TT courses are to start again in October of this year.
Anyone heard any different?

generaalkassie
28th Jan 2013, 04:15
That is good news, been waiting for a start date since may last year!

VeroFlyer
28th Jan 2013, 19:54
well this isn't official...but then i guess thats why this site is called PPRUNE, but hopefully it's true!

joe56
31st Jan 2013, 07:00
Where did you hear it from? The letters stating the delay were sent in October 2012 with a 10-12 month delay mentioned so October would make sense. Perhaps it's just somebody expecting to start in October because of the letter. I haven't heard anything from CX, unless it's from them I don't think there's reason to get excited.

generaalkassie
6th Feb 2013, 07:01
Any guys who interviewed in april 2012 or before still waiting for a start date?

Jetpilot213
27th Feb 2013, 12:05
Guys, I would like to direct your attention to a new thread: Life in Hong Kong and Working for Cathay. I have shared my personal experience there, and invite you to take a look. I think it's only fair that all who consider Cathay have a good idea of what the situation is like. I wish I had known what it would be like when I was first interviewed for an AE course slot... Out of anonymity, I have avoided giving too many details to reveal my personal identity, but I do try to give a frank and straightforward take on things. My agenda? I think what they offer is not sufficient for a decent livelihood here, and guys need to know that. I hope it will improve, but I have come to understand the Cathay management style better, and I really have no confidence that it will. You TT guys in particular may have families you are thinking to bring to Hong Kong, so it will especially apply to you.

Luxury Villa
12th Aug 2013, 09:57
Curious if anyone has been emailed yet regarding course start dates, AE or TT? Will they both be starting in October/if Oct at all? Seems CX recruitment has been keeping quiet, havn't heard anything for months. I'm weary of the 10-12 month delay being pushed out further. Is there any definite info or do we still wait until October when their future recruitment plan is released?

Bye Bye Baby
12th Aug 2013, 23:53
October is the time of year that the training plan for the next year is put out. This doesn't mean courses will start again, it is just when HR are told approximately how many are needed. Don't hold your breath.

pilotchute
13th Aug 2013, 10:40
Guys,

From a friend has talked to CX HR in last couple of days. There is no plans to restart non HKID card holder courses in the near future.

I would say next year at the earliest.

That could change though but I don't think it will.