PDA

View Full Version : 30 hired by Ryanair

Mindthegap
18th Apr 2002, 22:25
Ryanair has hired 30 more Schriner guy´s. Heard from inside Ryanair´s office. Any comments. Seems that being from this school is a garantee for a job at Ryanair.
Have also heaard that the "Schriner guy´s" look at them selves as gifts to aviation....just a rumour, any thoughts.

LUM
19th Apr 2002, 07:20
Spell it Schreiner (http://www.schreiner.nl).

phspy
19th Apr 2002, 07:36
God how frustrating this all is. Lots of pilots with loads of hours can't get a job, and this piece of b******s in the Ryanair HR office decides to hire 30 20 somethings with 200 hrs total. In Belgium type-rated pilots are selling P&O ferry tickets to make ends meet. Don't they get it??? This company sucks.

Magplug
19th Apr 2002, 08:54
Don't feel too down, they are not interested in your experience or hard earned qualifications. Perhaps somebody would like to tell us precisely what MOL pays these poor guys and what their repayment deal is with regard to their training costs.

Perhaps they pay MOL for the first few years work :confused:

They will always be able to find some wannabe willing to pay to fly a jet ....that is their only selection criteria.

Just don't ask me to buy tickets with Ryanair for my wife & kids.

Dutchie
19th Apr 2002, 09:30
This was mentioned a while back on the board in Wannabees already so it is old news.

The exact financial details I do not know. The NLS guys are all abinitio guys who are usually hired by KLM or Transavia directly for the RH seat (although KL is not hiring at the moment and has a backlog of KLS abinitio guys.) The strength of the NLS guys is that they are a known quantity to the school and are delivered with a type rating, thus saving FR a lot of recruitement hassle for the RHS.

And yes PHSPY it is frusterating for OO pilots with type ratings and experience but SN used to have the same policy with the SN flight academy so there is nothing new under the sun. The advantage for FR is that they can say we want 20 in Hahn, 30 in STN, 10 in Belgium etc and they will all be the "same".

The positive thing is that they are hiring!:o

Superpilut
19th Apr 2002, 11:01
MindtheGap/Dutchie:
Is this now indeed the "old" group of December or did they indeed hire another 30 (as of April or something)??

It is maybe frustrating, but hey? Who told you the aviation business was fair? At least new guys get a chance now, instead of sitting at home with a 100.000 Euro debt...
The ex-Sabena guys shouldn't have such great difficulties finding a new job anyway when they will show the same flexibility as the boys and gals from Schreiner.. (lower salary, re-locating to another country etc..)
Just check out the last pages of Flight International, where companies like Parc place ads.
I know I would do it after I find myself out of work after the collapse of an airline that only made profit during one or two years during its whole existence..
How naive can you be to expect to fly until end of career for an outfit like this?
Or am I completely wrong in this one?
Anyway good luck to everybody without a job!

Mindthegap
23rd Apr 2002, 00:53
Superpilut

It is indeed 30 more than last recruited. Though I have heard that some or I might say many of the Captains are not fond of them....

LUM
I appologise for my ignorance. I didn´t know how to spell Schreiner.
Brgds

Only A Few More Seasons
26th Apr 2002, 00:05
It seems that the Sabena guys have forgot how difficult their union made it a few years back when DAT started hiring Brits for the 146 operation.

Might be wrong - usually I am!!;) ;)