PDA

View Full Version : Perth Skyworks...Go The Fokker!!

Capn Bloggs
26th Jan 2013, 12:31
e3OnbA3H7uY

Ex FSO GRIFFO
26th Jan 2013, 13:08
Very 'Noice' camera work there Blogsie,

Unfortunately, these 'new fangled noise suppressed' engines are no where near as impressive as the 727 'freighter' of a few years ago...

Very 'noice' never-the-less - although my program (From the briefing) shows 3 Fly Bys... and only 2 were done....another would have been noicer....

And....where WAS the 'competition'....All the more the merrier..!!

Viva La Skyshow!!!

Cheers:ok:

p.s. Was this 'Fokker' a 'Messerschmit'...??

aileron_69
26th Jan 2013, 14:17
Ah yes, i well remember the Warbirds over Wanaka airshow in 2002 with the RNZAF 727 coming through at full noise, no more than 20 or 30 feet off the deck right in front of the crowd. Got the ears ringing while the Airforce boys had fun thrashing it around like a fighter!!
Would be impressive to see the F100 do a "Go around" on Langley park....might just have to watch for a few obstacles mind you.

le Pingouin
26th Jan 2013, 15:21
SMOKIN'!!!!!!!!!

ranmar850
26th Jan 2013, 21:37
Ah yes, i well remember the Warbirds over Wanaka airshow in 2002 with the RNZAF 727 coming through at full noise, no more than 20 or 30 feet off the deck right in front of the crowd. Got the ears ringing while the Airforce boys had fun thrashing it around like a fighter!!
Would be impressive to see the F100 do a "Go around" on Langley park....might just have to watch for a few obstacles mind you.

I was at Wanaka for 2006, the RNZAF 757 did some passes, culminating in a high speed low pass, fans howling--watching that video still raises the hair on the back of my neck:ok: Fans or no fans, the big gear is always impressive low and fast. Even the F-50 we had for the Geraldton Airshow around 1996 put on a good low level show; we had them on comms, and I think they actually did a pass or two more than intended, female FO in control, from memory?
My ex brother in law witnessed a B-52 flying low over Lake Argyle back in the eighties, during one of the combined top-end exercises-he swears the jet blast was raising a cloud of water behind: I'd love to see THAT;)
edit--what angle of bank did he have on on the final, clean, pass? I'll bet 99.9% of the crowd didn't appreciate what they were seeing, that must have been at max, surely. Any F-100 pilots care to comment?

Typhoon650
26th Jan 2013, 21:40
Ahh, 727's. I'm old enough to remember them screaming north out of Sydney on an unrestricted climb, black smoke pouring out of them and that rumble/crackle lasting for several minutes after they'd gone past.:ok:

PLovett
26th Jan 2013, 21:48
It was only a few years ago I recall the B727 freighters off R30 at HB doing the Pittwater visual departure (at 500' or departure end of runway - start turning) on full cackle power rattling the window frames for miles around. :ok:

solowflyer
26th Jan 2013, 23:05
Best one I seen was ANZ 747 doing beat up couple hundred feet agl at Ardmore air show few years ago.

illusion
27th Jan 2013, 03:48
Not as good as your effort inverted over the Sydney Harbour Bridge Bloggs!

Capn Bloggs
29th Jan 2013, 00:30
Very 'Noice' camera work there Blogsie,

Thanks griffo. Yes, competition would have been nice. Maybe a dogfight between a F100 and an 146 insteaed of those noisy prop thingees. :}

Not as good as your effort inverted over the Sydney Harbour Bridge Bloggs!
Arr, the good old days, Illusion... :)

Critical Reynolds No
29th Jan 2013, 00:55
BA 747 at Scholfields. 1981?

North Shore boy as well Typhoon? Remember them 727 on departure as well.