PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Pilots

ETflyer
26th Jan 2013, 09:22
I've had a scan through the forum and cannot find any information relating to this subject.

Which airlines worldwide allow for foreign (British) experienced pilots to apply for positions within there company? I have looked at a lot of the big carriers around the world and most of them say you need to be a citizen within that country.

Are Cathay Pacific and Etihad the only ones?

Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Flying Mechanic
26th Jan 2013, 12:10
You will finds Brits in nearly every airlines in the world!! In Hong Kong alone there's Dragonair, HK Airlines, HK express, Air Hong Kong, in the Middle East Emirates, Air Arabia, Oman Air, Qatar, Gulf Air.....the lists goes on where you will find good old Brits!

Luke SkyToddler
26th Jan 2013, 15:11
Doesn't stop them whinging about "job thieves" when they see one of us colonials flying jets in Britain though :cool:

Gunman returns
26th Jan 2013, 16:36
Yes our airlines are full of Aussies and Kiwis because of the UK's ridiculous immigration and labour laws. Try getting a job down under? As a Brit hardly a chance however aviation is :mad: there anyway which is why they are all in the UK and middle east. Oztranauts!

PURPLE PITOT
26th Jan 2013, 17:11
I thought they all lived in a pub in london.

dudubrdx
26th Jan 2013, 19:28
Seen plenty in OZ mind you

pilotchute
26th Jan 2013, 21:40
Gunman returns,
Would these be the ridiculous laws allowing british and EU passport holders to work in GB/EU? I assure you all these colonials would hold an EU passport. About 40 percent of Aussies have a second passport.

In the last 3 years in oz I have flown with Brits, kiwis, South Africans, Germans, French and Colombians. Australia isn't as closed as you think.

maiki182
26th Jan 2013, 22:14
Any idea of wich airline hires Captains direct entry without PIC hours in Australia or anywhere else? Or fast track F/O to Capt for pilots with over 8000 jethours?
Thankyou