PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin "asks" for help.

Noah Zark.
24th Jan 2013, 15:27
Quite remarkable footage:-

BBC News - Dolphin rescue caught on underwater camera (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21176914#)

radeng
24th Jan 2013, 16:03
It didn't say 'So long and thanks for all the fish', then?

Mr Chips
24th Jan 2013, 16:12
Hardly news, I saw a documentary on this years ago

Flipper i think it was called :E

airship
24th Jan 2013, 16:28
I never needed any video footage, from any organisation, employing over-paid and/or under-worked pseudo scientists qualified from overly-expensive universaties possibly seeking publicity and funds, to know that we human-beings always have been able to understand and communicate with other Earthly life-forms... :rolleyes:

That's how the wolf became man's best friend, or how cats made us their servants (when lucky enough).

Mostly, we choose to ignore such communications, because it makes us all feel very guilty (most of us eat them as farm animals, just eat them regardless, or merely shoot them as pests)...

And the same reason we all mostly and conveniently ignore fellow human-beings we come across in the middle of winter asking for handouts, perhaps erroneously thinking that the social security system we invented and our taxes, should be able to take care of all these cases. Anyway who in their right minds would be able to / or want to welcome a complete stranger into their household, with or without a dorsal fin. :sad:

Krystal n chips
24th Jan 2013, 17:25
I found that clip to be both amazing and emotive in equal measure.... and a real pleasure to watch. :ok::)

As airship says, human beings have a cavalier approach to wildlife, well some do, as in hunting for the sake of it and to boast of their "prowess" against a wild animal...although one always enjoys the reports of when technology fails and the odds of human vs animal shorten considerably....along with the humans life span of course.

I seem to recall a documentary about whales recently....which, I think, was located off California???...anyway, it seems we used to kill these whales until the practice was banned and the whales, being considerably more intelligent than many humans ( including a few notable contributors on here ) now surface and allow people to stroke them....and that, to me, is rather beautiful in terms of the natural world and nature per se.

rgbrock1
24th Jan 2013, 19:02
Krystal n chips wrote:

being considerably more intelligent than many humans ( including a few notable contributors on here )

Some notable contributors here - I have several in mind - have lesser intelligence than a tsetse fly, let alone an Orca or Dolphin.

Temp Spike
24th Jan 2013, 19:20
I chew the fat with dolphins all the time.

11Fan
24th Jan 2013, 20:01
I found they get a little sensitive when I offer one of em half of my tuna sandwich.

gingernut
24th Jan 2013, 22:08
Clip was amazing...almost human qualites remind me of Max:)

Temp Spike
24th Jan 2013, 22:22
Ok. It's not really a mutual chewing.