PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Atlantic - massaging the figures?

newswatcher
18th Apr 2002, 11:01
Returning from LAS recently we were advised by the local VA office that the check-in opened at 13:30hrs(flight 18:05hrs). We arrived at about 13:20hrs, to find that check-in would not open until 14:00hrs. :mad:

We joined a queue already about 100 strong. At about 14:20hrs, some "official" came down the queue(about 20 still in front) and invited my wife and I to come to the head of the queue, where there was a Premium Economy aisle. Oh good, we thought, perhaps an upgrade in the offing! :D

After answering a few questions, we were taken to the check-in area, and were allowed to push in front of several couples waiting there. We were given a card to give to the check-in agent. On this card, some times had been written. The ones that caught my eye were marked something like, "time joined queue", and "time reached check-in". The first had been filled in as 14:20hrs. The second was completed by check-in at 14:25hrs. This would seem to indicate that we had been in the queue for only 5 minutes, instead of 65. In fact, had we not queue-jumped, we would probably have taken a further 10-15 minutes to get to check-in.

If VA are using these statistics for performance management, shame on them! And by the way, we did not get the upgrade!

:confused: :confused:

Shadowpurser
22nd Apr 2002, 22:57
I'd like to massage some figures at Virgin!!!!!! Woof Woof!!!

Oh come on!! I'm suprised no one else came up with that one!!:D