PDA

View Full Version : How long for a job

captainmacuk
18th Jul 2001, 16:09
Hi there,

I was just wondering how long it took you guys to get a job instructing/air taxing etc, from starting/finishing your PPL and how much it cost you financially( i know this is the wannabee thread were people are wanting jobs but there has got to be a few pros in here)

This will probably be sent to the insructors thread(from wannabees)

Sorry lads if its a boring subject but i need to know if this career is possible for myself,

Cheers

Loony_Pilot
18th Jul 2001, 16:59
Hi,

Firstly to get a job you'll need a CPL, no company on earth will employ you as an air taxi pilot with just a PPL.

Secondly to get an instructing job you'll need your instructor rating.

and lastly (and sorry this is a bit pedantic but while I'm here..).. your signature at the bottom reads V1 V2 Rotate... change it to V1 Rotate V2 (even though I dont know personally of any company that makes a V2 call)

LP

Manflex55
18th Jul 2001, 17:50
LP,

I think Captain Mac was being facetious with this quote... wasn't he ?

MF

captainmacuk
19th Jul 2001, 00:09
Hi again cheers for pointing that out,(my signature) im sorry i didnt know i just thought i heard that somwhere, it has now been changed

and i was taking into consideration that you were gaining your CPL and all other ratings including an instructors rating(if you are an instructor) you have acieved before getting a job, sorry if i put it wrong on my first post

Cheers anyway