PDA

View Full Version : For those of a certain age....

oldmansquipper
23rd Jan 2013, 08:57
Lovely Vulcan shots..

and great stuff about the partitioning of Berlin etc...Highly recommended.

BBC iPlayer - Britain on Film: War and Peace (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01q6pzr/Britain_on_Film_War_and_Peace/)

Tankertrashnav
23rd Jan 2013, 09:39
Not to mention a lovely white Victor B1 crewing up and taxying. Frustratingly the film cuts just as the tail number comes into view, but I'm sure it's in my logbook somewhere.

The stuff from Berlin before the wall went up is fascinating.

VIProds
24th Jan 2013, 14:01
TTN Agreed, excellent quality. The Victor B1 shown is XH594 & the tin triangle shown in all four shots is XH481.

Harley Quinn
25th Jan 2013, 04:45
Fascinating reminder of the mentality behind totalitarian regimes. Of course if you tell the young 'uns of today...

It is, for me, a sobering thought that it is now a generation or more since the Wall came down and attention moved to the Middle East, a tangible but largely irrelevant conflict* when compared with the potential if the Cold War had turned Hot.

*Do not think for a single moment that I am in any way denigrating the loss and sacrifice suffered by our people at the behest of their government, I just believe that it is based upon a tissue of terrible lies and deceit.

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

oldmansquipper
25th Jan 2013, 13:46
About 40-45 min in - Three RAF Chipmunks tied together by the wingtips for takeoff..What was that all about?

Elfinsavty wouldn't allow it today...:{

BBC iPlayer - Timeshift: Series 12: Magnificent Machines: The Golden Age of the British Sports Car (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01n8hl9/Timeshift_Series_12_Magnificent_Machines_The_Golden_Age_of_t he_British_Sports_Car/)

Harley Quinn
25th Jan 2013, 22:37
About 40-45 min in - Three RAF Chipmunks tied together by the wingtips for takeoff..What was that all about?

Shades of 1930's Hendon air displays?

Posted from Pprune.org App for Android

blimey
26th Jan 2013, 12:42
I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting to see another picture of that nice blonde lady doing up her suspenders.

sycamore
26th Jan 2013, 13:08
Don`t worry,BEagle will be along shortly; he has a stack of photos in his draw(er)s...